Shred into the winter season.

Shred into the winter season.

Essential skiing and snowboarding destinations this winter.

25
Shred into the winter season.

Winter is coming — trees once vibrant with color are now bare, as auburn eaves decorate the forest floor. The air is crisp, dusk is calm and days now fade into night much quicker. While there is no nature’s course and the frigid winter season that lie, there are plenty of winter sports that are aimed to counteract cabin fever and seasonal depression. Whether it’s shredding the black diamond slopes or hitting the terrain park to perform tricks, the thrill of snowboarding and skiing is enough to get any adventure seekers heart racing and adrenalin pumping through their veins.

1. Breckenridge, Colorado

A picturesque Christmas town painted in white, the town of Breckenridge breathes the joy of the Christmas season all year round. From the cottage and colonial brick buildings to the fresh aroma of pine trees, the mountain town of Breckenridge stands at an elevation of 9,600. However, the elevation is not the only thing taking that will take ones breath away. Aside from the humble town, the vast and beautiful mountains are a sight for sore eyes that attract tourists and thrill seekers alike to indulge in the glorious outdoor splendors. Escape to one of Breckenridge’s most cozy and quaint cabin resorts right at the base of the mountain – Breckenridge Ski Resort, which will make for a flawless places to rest ones head after a day of shredding and exploring the fine terrain of Breckenridge that claims 2,908 acres of mountain land – across five peaks features 187 trails, four terrain parks and more.

2. South Lake Tahoe, El Dorado County, California,

Tahoe is one of California’s most cherished treasures. Tucked away in El Dorado County, the vast terrain of Tahoe becomes the boarder that bridges the lavish land of California and Nevada, together as one. Voted “Americas Best Lake” by USA Today in 2012 and No.1 Ski destination by Randy McNaly and Orbitz, Tahoe is a year around destination from summers beginning to winters end. Lake Tahoe attracts summer visitors but Heavenly Mountain and ski resort are what lure the hearts of winter sports fanatics to the peaks. Tahoe is a beautiful destination crafted by Mother Nature herself – the cherry on top being Heavenly Mountain. Reaching an elevation of 10,067, the mountain overlooks the waters of Tahoe, which are frozen over and painted with snow in the wintertime. Make the best of winter – shred the peaks of Tahoe by day and relax at Heavenly Mountain Resort by night.

3. Telluride, Colorado

Located in the eminent Rocky Mountains of Colorado is Telluride. Situated in a box canyon, Telluride ski resort becomes the heart of winter sports destinations and provides for a picking of the best slopes Colorado has to offer. Surrounded by diverse mountainous terrain, Telluride provides steep cliffs and dense mountainsides to explore such as Black Iron Bowl and Palmyra Peak, a mountain top that reaches an elevation of 13,320 ft. Telluride Ski Resort and the peaks it claims should not be mistake to cater to experts only. About 60% of the mountains terrain is dedicated to beginner and intermediate snowboarders and skiers, leaving the reaming terrain for the experts to call their own. Telluride ski resort trails engulf over 2,000 acres of land and features total of127 total trails and three terrain parks – for practicing tricks. However, snowboarders and skiers not the only winter sports fanatics that are tempted by the winter wonderland that is Telluride. Telluride Ski Resort offers Nordic skiing with 3 diverse and lavish trails.

Whether it is the Breckenridge, Tahoe or Telluride Experience, the winter season offers its own outdoor mountain experiences that cater to all levels of outdoor enthusiasts, skiers, snowboarders and other winter sports fanatics. From the first snowfall this winter, mountains that whelm the nation will be freshly coated in powder, groomed and refined for another season of winter sports. Explore what monumental mountain peaks are made for – excitement, outdoor excursions and fulfilling the need for a rush of adrenalin.