Winners And Losers From NFL Week 15 | The Odyssey Online

Winners And Losers From NFL Week 15

Well, at least you're not Brock Osweiler.

26
Winners And Losers From NFL Week 15
Blogging The Boys

Week 15 brought us plenty of winners and losers, both in the form of people, careers and a particular giant red pot. Let’s talk about the winners and losers of Week 15 in the NFL.

Winner: The Salvation Army

Whenever I am watching a home Dallas Cowboys game, I often find myself wondering, “Why doesn’t someone just jump in the giant red pot?” This pot is in support of the Salvation Army, a nationally recognized charity that gives to families and individuals in need. On Sunday, Ezekiel Elliot celebrated his 15th rushing touchdown of the season by jumping into the giant pot, breaking the internet. Elliot was penalized for the celebration, but he was not fined for the act. Elliot tweeted out sometime later that he would donate $21,000 to the Salvation Army. All in all, Salvation Army got a large amount of exposure and a generous donation from one of the league’s best running backs. That’s known as in the industry as a win-win.

Loser: Free-agent quarterbacks

Did anyone think Brock Osweiler was going to be this bad going into the season? I certainly didn’t. Houston owes the now-backup quarterback a whopping $72 million over the course of his contract. That’s highway robbery, considering how Brock has played throughout the 2016 season. This deal could really affect the free-agent quarterbacks of the near future. This deal could very well cause other teams to be less inclined to sign a free agent QB and/or give him less money.

Winner: Backup quarterbacks

From Matt Moore to Tom Savage, backup quarterbacks often capture a fan’s imagination of what could be. Both Moore and Savage (along with Bears backup Matt Barkley) performed admirably, considering their second string status. This continues to be a popular trend that could spark continued interest in teams that are less than successful by season’s end (i.e. Chicago).

Loser: Denver Broncos

Not only did Denver get manhandled by the Patriots at home, but they also lost significant ground in the AFC playoff race. The Broncos have to play Kansas City and Oakland in their final two regular season games. I will be absolutely shocked if a team that put up three points against New England at home gets into the postseason. Sunday’s game was essentially Denver’s season, and now their season is all but over. Good luck next year, Denver.

Winner: Aaron Rodgers

While the Packers were sitting near the bottom of the division with a record of 4-6, Rodgers predicted that they would “run the table” and make it to the playoffs. That prediction is looking more and more like a reality. Not only is Rodgers winning on the field with his arm and slightly gimpy legs, but he is also winning in the media with his words and bold yet accurate predictions. Rodgers is continually rising in the MVP conversation. Well done, Aaron. Well done.

Loser: Clarity

In recent seasons, Week 15 has generally provided a sense of clarity about teams in relation to the playoffs (seeding, scenarios, etc.). This past Sunday only muddled the playoff landscape, particularly in the AFC. The Chiefs’ loss complicated the AFC Wild Card picture as did the Buccaneers loss for the NFC Wild Card race. In essence, we had very little clarified for us in terms of playoff teams in Week 15.