And The Winner Is:

And The Winner Is:

Nobody, we're all losing.

13
And The Winner Is:
etonline

Hillary Clinton.

Short of a miracle for The Donald, this election is over. And while it sure was a fun car accident to slow down and look at for a while, it's time we drive on into the raging tornado that is going to be American politics for the next four years.

So, yes, the election is over and it seems everyone has a bad taste left in their mouths from it. We are about to elect the most corrupt and possibly incompetent politician to exist ever. Don't believe me? Google "Hillary Clinton's corruption" and do some digging, you'll find that she actually DID do all of the things the media said she didn't. And trust me, I'm not coming at this this way because of any political views, I'm simply stating facts. In regards to her work as Secretary of State, she is either the dumbest apple that hit every branch of the stupid tree on the way to the ground, is the most incompetent Secretary of State we have had ever, or genuinely doesn't care about any of the laws that govern her. Seriously, do some research and you'll find that one of these is true, which one, we don't really know.

On the other hand, there is The Donald who poured gasoline all over the GOP and then proceeded to drop a nuclear bomb on it. There is a rift in the Republican party formed by yours truly, Donald Trump. He seems to have changed the definition of "conservative" so something more along the lines of "soft liberal" and there are many who claim themselves to be conservatives that seem to be ok with this. While there are the traditional conservatives who still believe in the old ways of conservatism, you know, the actual definition. Donald has ruined any chance for himself to be elected, short of a miracle. But he is determined to bring as many people down with him as possible by turning his voters against the other republicans. Basically what is going on is that his voters are throwing temper tantrums (because he is essentially telling them to) and they are refusing to vote down ballot past the part where you vote for president.

If you're a Hillary supporter, that's great for you. It means that there is a very good chance that Hillary will have a Democratic congress under her. If you're a republican that is very very bad. While some politicians have chosen to save themselves from the rage of Mr. Trump, certainly the few that still support him will drop in the polls.

So: what do we know about our new president? Well, not much. As a moderate viewer of this election cycle, I can't say that I know much about what Hillary wants to do in office. There was so much time spent on character attacks and defending against character attacks (and for Hillary, quite a bit of time in court) that aside from our socialist pal, Bernie, not much was said on the grounds of policy. As someone who payed decent attention to the election, I think it is a failure on our candidates and our election system that I have to go to 10 different websites to find out what each candidate is running for.

I could write a whole novel on my feelings on this election, the corruption of Hillary, the self-destructive nature of Donald Trump, the way the media treats the different parties, and the flaws of the election cycle. I really could. But in the end I think it's important to just say one thing: if you're an uninformed voter, please do some research on who you're voting for. Not just the "news" you see on the totally unbiased "NowThis", but actual research. Regardless of who you vote for. And remember that this election is also about congress, too. There are plenty of senators and house representatives to vote for along with the president. Just stay informed.