Why New Jersey Is The Best Place To Live | The Odyssey Online

Why New Jersey Is The Best Place To Live

"Do you know the people from Jersey Shore?"

328

New Jersey isn't the state that you go to to fist pump or get a spray tan...well...maybe it is. But more importantly, New Jersey is a well-rounded, loving place filled with loud families, a lot of food, and even more love.

1. Bagels

In New Jersey, we have the best bagels. If you aren't from NJ and say that you have the best bagels, you are definitely lying. There are about six bagel shops in my town alone and every single one is better than the next.

2. Nail Salons

Just like our bagel shops, there is a nail salon on every corner and you can get a mani-pedi for only $20! If that's not a good deal, I don't know what is. And no, not every person in NJ has french tips that are four inches long.

3. Malls

Being able to drive five minutes and get to a huge mall with about 300 stores is what I love most about New Jersey. Although we are all shopping addicts, we're all dressed to kill so it's totally worth it.

4. No Sales Tax

New Jersey is one of the few states that do not tax on clothing, and food in the grocery store. Believe me, it's a blessing to not have to spend the extra cash on taxes when you can spend it on more clothes!

5. Taylor ham, egg, and cheese

This is not just any sandwich, this is the best combination since peanut butter and jelly. You have not fully lived until you've tried New Jersey's finest breakfast sandwich, you can find it at almost any deli or bagel shop.

6. We don't have to pump our own gas

You may be thinking, these lazy people that just sit in their car while someone else does their dirty work. But it is such a nice thing to not have to touch the gross gas stations and be able to just sit in your car and keep jamming to whatever bad drake song is on at the moment.

7. Pizza

If you live somewhere that you have to order from Dominos when you want pizza, you should move. In NJ there are at least two pizza places in almost every town and they are absolutely amazing. You can never go wrong with a large pie for the whole family.

8. Diners

NJ holds some of the best diners and a lot of them too. You are never further than ten minutes away from a diner. Whether its a wrap, or late night breakfast, New Jersey diners do it best.

9. Beaches

New Jersey has over 130 miles of beaches. If that doesn't prove my point that I don't know what will! At maximum, you're an hour away from a beach and its always a fun ride on Parkway South listening to a throwback playlist. Not everyone from NJ fake tans!

10. Bruce Springsteen

New Jersey is the home-state of so many famous celebrities that continue to make us proud to this day. Don't come to New Jersey if you don't like Bruce or Sinatra, you will not be allowed back.

11. TV shows about us

Although Jersey Shore wasn't our proudest moment, so many TV shows are based in NJ or about people in NJ because we are just so awesome! Shoutout to The Situation, Snookie, and the rest of the guidos for giving us such a good reputation!

12. The people

In New Jersey, everyone is friendly, everyone says "hi", we're just all around great people. New Jersians definitely know how to get things done but also know how to be the life of the party! We have the best dance moves too, and no, the "jersey turnpike" is not something that happens here.