9 Reasons Why You'll Wish You Had My Siblings | The Odyssey Online

9 Reasons Why You'll Wish You Had My Siblings

They're by your side whenever you need it. That is why being a sibling is the best.

27
S.O.S Photography

Having siblings is the best thing that could have ever happened to me. I have been blessed with two sisters and one brother who are crazy, hilarious, and perfect. There are so many reasons why my siblings are the best in the world, and if I didn't have them, I wouldn't be who I am today. So here are nine reasons why you will wish you had my siblings.

1. Sibling Pictures

My siblings and I have one pose that we do every single time we take a picture together, and that is us holding our younger brother. He hates it, and I think that’s why us older siblings love it so much. Why would we want to miss out on an opportunity to mess with our baby brother?

2. Always Having Someone To Pick On

Having a younger sibling means that you always have someone to mess with. Whether it is making them say something to make you laugh or making them squirt spray cheese on their face, you always have a way to entertain yourself by picking on them, but it is only done out of love.

3. They Are Always Down For A Slurpee Trip

Whenever I see my siblings, we get bored and drive around to find something to do. After spending way too long walking through Meijer or Walmart, we decide to head back home, but we have to make a stop for Slurpees first. It’s a must.

4. You Always Have Someone To Laugh With You

Laughing at them, laughing with them, it’s all the same. Whether it’s because they tripped and fell or you said or did something stupid, having siblings means that you get to have someone to laugh with you at every dumb thing that you do (and I do a lot of dumb things).

5. They Teach You How To Care For Others

Being an older sibling gives you younger people in your life to take care of and love. You learn how to help them with homework, you learn how to help them with boyfriends or girlfriends. They teach you how to be a better person.

6. They Make Family Events Fun

If there is a family event that you don’t want to go to, you know that it will be bearable if your siblings are there. You’ll have someone to laugh with, someone to sit with, someone to talk to the entire time. If your siblings aren’t at a family event with you, you spend the entire time you’re there texting them telling them that they need to get there because you won’t make it through without them.

7. You Have Built In Girlfriends

If you have sisters then you can agree that even though you fight, you still have built in best friends that you know you can confide in the second you need it. Whether it is boy problems, stress over school, or anything, if you send them a text saying “I need you,” you can trust that they'll answer right away.

8. You Have Someone To Put You In Check When You Need It

Even when there is something that you don’t want to hear, your siblings know that you need to hear it, and they will tell you how it is. Your siblings have a way of guiding you in the right direction and doing it in a way that doesn’t hurt your feelings.

9. They Are Your Biggest Fans

Your siblings are your biggest support system and they will always be there to cheer you on. Whether it’s at your big game, your high school graduation, or you just got an A on a paper, your siblings are going to be there to pat you on the back and tell you that you did a great job.

Having siblings has been the best thing I could have ever hoped for in my lifetime.You get to have your closest friends and your biggest pains in the butt all in one person, and you couldn't find that anywhere else. Anyone who has a brother or sister could agree that at times, being a sibling is hard; you fight and you may not see each other often enough. But when it comes down to it, they're by your side whenever you need it and that is why being a sibling is the best.