Why God's Timing is Everything | The Odyssey Online
Religion

Why God's Timing is Everything

609
Why God's Timing is Everything

Have you ever wondered why all of the things you have been praying for seem to feel like they are just slipping out of your hands? Or even, the timing for the things happening in your life is just all wrong. You ask yourself repeatedly the list of why's. Why did this have to happen to me? Why couldn't I have known this sooner? Why couldn't this or that have happened later or earlier in life? Why am I feeling this way now? And my personal favorite, why are you doing this to me God?

We often get caught up in all of our earthly time schedules we have set for ourselves like, when we want to graduate college, start our "dream" job, get married, or have kids. We forget that God already has a plan for us. Our dream job might not be the one God has planned for us. And, the boy, or girl, we have had our eyes on since high school and college, made so many scenarios of what our wedding and kids names would be, might not be the one God intends for us to spend the rest of our lives with.

In Proverbs 3:5-6, [5] Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. [6] In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. This gives me comfort in knowing that the plans I have made for myself might not work out, they may be complete opposite in the years to come, and THAT IS OKAY. I may not graduate when I want to. I may not fall in love with someone and marry them when I want to. I may not get to have kids when I want to, but God already knows what I will need for that time, and place. He holds my future. He has already written my life out piece by piece. I don't know about you but, I think I will be more than okay with knowing that out of all the people in this world, he wrote a story for me. He has made plans for me, ME. I do not deserve the blessings he has given me, and is going to give me but, my heart overflows with joy knowing that he cares that much for me.

However, sometimes I catch myself questioning God. I know. I know. You're not supposed to do that but, we are all guilty of it. I question why things happened to me at the times they did, and even why did they have to happen. Or where was he when I felt like I was all alone and no one understood me.In Ecclesiastes 3:1 There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens. This verse is one I clung to when I felt like my whole world was falling around me. And you know that saying that everyone says, "God will wreck your plans when he sees that your plans are going to wreck you." He knows exactly what you need, and exactly when you need it. He doesn't just take something from you, or give something to you for no reason. He does this because he has a purpose for it. He is allowing you to not get what you always want and is preparing you for what you need. He is always going to take care of you! Now, I know that if the things I thought were going to tear me apart and break me would not have happened, I would not be where I am today, and I would not be the person I am now.

You may be going through a point in your life where you think that he isn't listening to your prayers and that he has left you. And you feel like nothing you have been doing is going right, JUST BE PATIENT. It's hard, I know. But, if you are patient with God and are faithful to him, he will give you bigger blessings than you could ever imagine. If my focus is on God, then I shouldn't have to worry about my plans for the future or my plans for tomorrow. In 2 Peter 3:8, But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. And in Acts 1:7, Hesaid to them: "It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has set by his own authority. He will get you through this 'rough patch'. You will pass the class, it might seem like you are studying and doing homework for days but, you will grade the grade you are wanting. You will graduate, it might take you longer than expected but, you will do it. You will get the job, it might take you several interviews but, the one he intends for you to have will be the one you get. You will find the person you're going to spend the rest of your life with, it might not be today or tomorrow but, in his time you will find them. You will have kids, it may take you longer than you had intended but, he will give you them when he sees that you need them. All in God's timing, and his timing is the only time you should care about.