Why Both Hillary Clinton & Donald Trump Lost Last Night | The Odyssey Online

Why Both Hillary Clinton & Donald Trump Lost Last Night

And so did we.

9

As last night neared 8 p.m. my roommates and I gathered in our living room to watch the presidential debate. I thought maybe we would be off to a good start with the candidates wearing opposite party colors.

I was wrong.

This is still how I feel about this years election.

The fact that I was annoyed within the first five minutes of the debate says a lot. It still blows my mind that these are the two major candidates that we have come down to. Throughout the entire debate both Hillary and Donald fell off topic on several questions in order to pick apart the other.

It is so distracting and rude when people interrupt and talk over people, and Donald did this far too much last night. I swore I was going to throw something at my tv if he said "WRONG" one more time. I also disagree with a lot that Hillary has to say, but as a presidential candidate I think he could have been more professional and waited his turn to prove his point. This combined with the rude facial expressions and rising of his voice is why I can’t vote for him. He gets too flustered too quick and doesn’t always have his facts straight.

I don’t know how Hillary could stand there and say that Donald might have something to hide about his tax returns when she was the one that hid and deleted thirty some thousand important emails. I understand that we are all tired of hearing about the emails, but I don’t see the logic in being a hypocrite. Instead of hearing all about her new book that we should go buy I would've liked to hear a better answer to Donald's question why she's been in politics for 30 years and hasn't made much positive change. I think that Donald has a very good point about politicians. Hillary may be saying all the right things right now, but I’m worried how her presidency will actually turn out to be. People can say and promise a lot of things, but I will laugh to myself when she doesn’t carry out what she claims she will.

I won’t say any more about my thoughts for either candidate because I don’t approve of either one. My ultimate opinion is that both Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump lost last night. Both exceeded in tearing each other down, but both failed to prove to me how they will truly better America as our leader.

If you're like me and can’t consciously vote for either candidate this year I encourage you to check that little box next to those third party options. More specifically you should check the one by Gary Johnson. Never heard of him? I thought so, but read here. He may be a tad quirky, but the media hasn’t compromised his views and ideas because everyone’s been too focused on the Democratic and Republican candidates. Maybe it’s time for America to try something new.

(Not that I’m biased or anything.)

The only real winner last night was Lester Holt for keeping the debate rolling so props to you and good luck to the other moderator next month on Sunday, October 9!