Why America Should Only Run On Dunkin Donuts | The Odyssey Online

Why America Should Only Run On Dunkin Donuts

Here are 7 reasons why fresh classic roasted coffee from Dunkin Donuts is better than bitter and burnt coffee from Starbucks

255

Dunkin' Donuts and Starbucks are always competing with one another for the title of best coffee and having the most customers. When I need coffee to start my busy day, I choose Dunkin' Donuts over Starbucks. Friends don't let friends drink Starbucks and here's why.

1. Dunkin' Prices Won't Break Your Bank

You don't have to sell your soul to Dunkin' Donuts to get a drink. Dunkin' is reasonably priced. A medium iced coffee at Dunkin' is $3.25, where as a grande latte costs $3.65 at Starbucks. But wait, there's more! Starbucks charges their customers extra if they want flavor extracts, meanwhile at Dunkin it is free. With over 10 free coffee flavor options, Coolattas, teas, and smoothies, you are sure to have your cravings satisfied by Dunkin.

2. Hungry? No Problem!

The menu at Dunkin' offers medium coffee or tea combination options with some of their delicious fresh baked donuts, munchkins, bagels, or speciality sandwiches. Dunkin' also has a smart menu that has food options of 400 calories or less. If you're trying to make a healthy choice, stick with Dunkin' because a Starbucks frappuccino alone starts at 410 calories. Yikes!

3. Your Drink Is Ready To Go When Given To You

Dunkin' Donuts adds your milk and sugar to your drink for you. They ask you how much of each and bam, all done! There is no waiting for your drink and then walking across the store to add your own milk and sugar in to your coffee. More time is wasted this way when you are in a rush. And if Dunkin' ever adds too much or too little of what you wanted, they fix it fast! So step aside Starbucks because Dunkin has you beat.

4. "What's a Venti?"

The menu at Dunkin' Donuts is simpler. The sizes have normal names. I feel bad for the person who gets stuck behind the guy asking the Starbucks barista what each size means. Why is a "tall" considered a small? It makes no sense! Let's be honest, we've all been there and there's nothing worse then feeling dumb.

5. Dunkin' Won't Offend You

Dunkin' won't ever spell your name wrong because they don't waste precious time labeling your cup. Their service is so fast that there is no need to write your name down. By the time you finish paying and step aside to wait for your items, they are presented to you and you are on your way! Sometimes lines may be long at Dunkin', but the employees work fast. And if they're still not quick enough for you, you can pre-order on the mobile app and have your drink ready for when you walk in the store.

6. Deal Or No Deal?

The deals are unbeatable! Dunkin' Donuts mails out coupon books to your house and on their DDPerks app, multiple discounts are offered to members every day! Another fun offer is during football season. If the NY Jets or NY Giants win, customers can come in the next day and get a coffee for 25 cents! When has Starbucks ever done anything like that?

7. I Scream, You Scream, We All Scream For Ice Cream!

Dunkin' Donuts partners with Baskin Robbins and sells their ice cream in stores and sometimes even shares half of the store with them. So on top of being able to get a donut to satisfy your sweet tooth, you can also grab some delicious ice cream.