What Your Thanksgiving Day Instagram Post Says About You | The Odyssey Online

What Your Thanksgiving Day Instagram Post Says About You

Lets' be honest, people.

9
Turner

The Foodie

If you’re anything like me, you’re probably just posting a picture of the so perfectly photogenic food on your thanksgiving table. Your family might think that big smile on your face is in honor of seeing your family that you haven’t seen in months because you’ve been home from school a total of all but one time since the beginning of the semester, but really, you just came home for the food after months of being deprived from the all-time glorious home cooking you have missed more than anything. That turkey, sweet potato mash, and pumpkin pie has been calling your name from hundreds of miles away, and boy are you happy to see it. No editing needed for this post, and it will not take you more than a total of fifteen seconds because gosh forbid it gets in the way of your feasting time!

The Family Reunion

Unlike the foodie up there, you good child you may have actually came home for your family time. This is still debatable though because, let’s see here, are you the shining star, front and center of the picture, or are you a little spot of a head barely recognizable in the back of the picture? If the latter applies to you, then you are a real, true family lover because if we’re being real here, how many likes are you going to get on a picture where Uncle Bobby and Aunt Claire are all up in your face, and probably a little too saturated and sharpened. In all respect though, thanksgiving reunions for the win! Cheers to gaining 18 pounds as a family!

The Basic B**ch

The very basic, make-up and hair done, show-off quality type of outfit – or for the guys out there who take the time out of there day to create the perfect thanksgiving post – this is the selfie of the year. Thanksgiving is one of the very few days of the year that it is still acceptable to post a selfie, actually…because we all know what is coming next -- the one and only, very unoriginal, “what I am thankful for” caption. Or to name a few others, “blessed,” “be thankful,” “thankful everyday of the year,” and the list goes on. Thanksgiving is probably the easiest day of the year to create a caption that you would normally sit around for hours or days brewing. Even if you are a massively dedicated caption creator, I think it’s fair to say that on Thanksgiving, yes, even you can get away with a basic caption and an even more basic picture. I mean, clearly you’re already half way there posting a selfie of your “feast ready” big a** smile!