30 Things You Can Do Without Your Phone | The Odyssey Online

30 Things You Can Do Without Your Phone

Life can still be fun.

3880
30 Things You Can Do Without Your Phone

Everybody these days stay on Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, Pinterest or whatever you use. Can you think of a time where none of this existed? Phones that you couldn’t surf the web on.. Weird right? Well imagine not having a phone where you can do all these things on it. Imagine having a phone where you can only call people. Here’s what you could do with all that extra time you spend scrolling and moving those thumbs.

1. Ride a bike, or learn how if you don’t know how to; mriding a bike can be way fun.

2. Go to the movies. There's always new movies coming out so why not watch them?

3. Take a long walk to enjoy nature. Just look at the clouds and everything else God created. It’s all beautiful.

4. Go to the gym. Working out can be fun once you have the right mind set.

5. Play a sport; baseball, football, or soccer in the backyard is always fun.

6. Have dinner with some besties. Friends and food? Yes, please.

7. Go camping, lol ew right? Camping trips are supposed to be adventurous though.

8. Go fishing. It can be boring, I know…but what if you catch a really big fish, how cool.

9. Go for a ride, take a trip to a town you’ve never been to before and explore, without a GPS!

10. Read a book, one that you like…

11. Read the newspaper. There are so many interesting things in them, it's amazing.

12. Visit your grandparents, nobody lives forever.

13. Go see your cousins. You complain about never seeing them anyways, so stop complaining and go.

14. Clean your room, especially after getting ready and changing 10 different times.

15. Do some laundry. There is always laundry to do..

16. Organize your closet, because if we’re being real, who really has a nice clean closet?

17. Go to the zoo, every state has a zoo…I think. And there are so many animals you’ve never seen before.

18. Go to the aquariums, who doesn’t love water and animals?

19. Go to the mall, you can always window shop.

20. Play a board game, or a game like Connect Four...that was my favorite

21. Watch Netfix if you’re just lazy. Netflix is great. So many movies and shows, score.

22. Make a slip-n-slide, and then throw some washable paint on there and wear white. It looks cool.

23. Have a water balloon fight, seriously.

24. Do a puzzle, not a small one, but a big one that can actually take up your time away from a phone.

25. Paint a canvas, girls….I don’t know why this is so fun but it is.

26. Go on a hike, in the mountains with pretty scenery.

27. Adopt a dog; my friends love doing this.

28. Go to the farmers market, sometimes they have cool stuff there too.

29. Bake some brownies, and eat them…or sell them. But eating is more fun.

30. Go to concerts, so so so much fun with all your friends.

The list can go on and on, but those are just a few ideas to help you get started on staying away from social media all the time. Yeah, it can be fun to see what everybody else is doing with their lives, but why not do something with yours instead of watching theirs?