What To Expect When You're Expecting

What To Expect When You're Expecting

Tips on how to handle a difficult time.

23
What To Expect When You're Expecting
The Mirror

So this is it: you're finally expecting. Congratulations! I know it seems like it's a lot to handle right now, but trust me, as someone who's been in the same situation as you, it really isn't that big of a deal. Just take some deep breaths, relax, and we'll get through this together. Actually, here are some handy tips that can help you navigate this stressful time in your life. All you have to do is remember that we're in this together!

1. People are going to ask what it is.

It's inevitable. Everyone is going to want to know what kind it is, if it's half of one thing or another, when it's going to get here. Patience is key in these situations. Just remember that you're not the one that did the ordering, and that Mike said that he asked for half pepperoni and half sausage. But just remember, you can't really blame them for asking; they're just excited for you!

2. It might not turn out the way you wanted it to.

Yes, I know, you should love it no matter how it turns out, but it won't really hit you until it's actually in your arms. What if it has weird bubbles in it? What if it needed to stay in the oven a little bit longer? What if you asked for one topping and got another? These are all questions an expectant individual is going to ask themselves at some point during the process, but you have to realize that above everything else, it's yours, and yours alone. Cherish it for what it is, not what it could be, and this brings us to tip #3:

3. Stressing out doesn't help anyone.

I know, it's been 25 minutes since you've been expecting, and already you're worried about so many different variables. Yes, for most people it takes around 20 minutes, and you were told to expect the same, but every bundle of dough is different, and some need a little more time than others, and you won't be doing yourself or it any favors by just freaking out the whole time. Plus, Mike is already kind of on-edge to begin with, so just don't be rude.

4. Dealing with the Zika virus

I guess you don't really need to deal with it. You're just getting pizza, man. You don't need to be worried about this kind of stuff, right? It's like not even in the US yet. I mean, if you're pregnant, yeah, I guess you should be a little concerned, but this isn't an article about being pregnant, you know? This is about expecting pizza to show up. So, I guess coming full circle, just don't worry about the Zika virus. You're fine.

5. Make sure you have enough supplies before it gets here.

One of the biggest things that tends to be forgotten is just how much you'll need in preparation for the big day. Sure, you may have thrown a shower beforehand and gotten some forks and styrofoam cups, but that's only the tip of the iceberg. You'll need napkins, plates, soda; the whole nine yards. Mike's already paying for the bulk of it, so you might as well be a good guest and pony up some Mountain Dew if you can.

6. This day is all about you!

Above all, just remember to not worry about the little details, and focus on the big picture. The special day is almost here! Everyone's going to be so happy, and they only want the best for you and your little one. Remember to take lots of pictures, post them all on Facebook, and then devour it starting from the top and working your way down, much to the horror of your friends and family in attendance.