What To Do When You Are Stressed - The Odyssey Online

What To Do When You Are Stressed

You Are Stronger Than A Deadline.

9
What To Do When You Are Stressed
Bustle

As we are entering the full swing of spring semester, there are many things that may induce stress: some may be having their first of multiple tests, some may be balancing external commitments, some may have papers to write, or some may be stressing about the pressures of being an adult. Nonetheless, there is one thing that all students should never forget - to not let all of this feel insurmountable. Sure, it feels gratifying to be the one that can "do it all," but if it stagnates your growth and immobilizes other facets of your life, then that is indicative that stress is getting the better of you.

1. Take a break

It's okay to take a break from your responsibilities. I, for one, am guilty of feeling as though I need to be doing something productive every second of every day; however, I have learned that it is healthy to step back from the books, and take some down-time to recollect and stay in the moment.

2. Remember what's important

If you are focusing on one aspect of your life and ignoring the rest, then you need to reevaluate your priorities. For example, one may take too much time focusing on studying that they forget their own well-being such as their health and social life. By releasing the pressures from aspects of your life that cause stress, you will live a more fulfilling, positive life.

3. Know your limits

You don't have to be available to everyone when they need you. You don't have to participate in every single club you think might be of interest. You don't have to study all night long to ace a test. By knowing your limits, you can free yourself from the shackles that you've fabricated for yourself.

4. Be organized

Personally, I make to-do lists so I know what I need to accomplish each day. Such a habit is good to maintain, as you won't feel lost when trying to tackle the plethora of things that you need to do, and rather, you have a neat reference to check to ensure you are on top of everything.