What You Need To Do In Statesboro, GA

What You Need To Do In Statesboro, GA

Many say, "there's nothing to do in the 'Boro," but there are tons of things to cater everyone.

315
What You Need To Do In Statesboro, GA

When people hear Statesboro, Georgia, some think of farms and ole' country folk that live an old-fashioned life, but others think of the lively small college town home of the Georgia Southern Eagles. There are many reasons why many like and dislike Statesboro one namely being it's the biggest "party" town. They aren't 100% wrong, but they sure aren't 100% right. Here are just a few of my things to do in this little country, college town.

Gnats Landing

This local restaurant hosts thousands of families and college students a week. From karaoke nights to trivia gnats has got it all for the average college student to enjoy. Most of the waitresses know their regulars by name and their orders by heart.

Sweetheart Circle

Ah, sweetheart circle. One of the best places to hang up your ENO and relax on a nice sunny day between classes with friends. Some days you'll find people with their dogs playing in sweetheart and many picnics with couples. Sweetheart's secret though is if you walk around sweetheart three times holding hands with your significant other, you're bound to get married! Sweetheart circle around Christmas time is so beautiful. If you're ever in town around this time, stop by and see the lights strung up everywhere!

TMT Farms Christmas Light Display

Each Christmas season TMT Farms puts on a Christmas Light show and takes donations in order to help families in need during the holiday season. The show runs from dusk until 11:30 p.m. so stop on by next Christmas season to see the show in action!

Shenanigans

That's right, you read that correctly. Shenanigans is one of the bars hosted right outside of campus where many students attend every weekend to get in their weekend intake of alcohol and dancing. This bar is lively and has some of the best DJs in town. You'll always see this place packed with the campuses biggest "party-goers."

Cypress Lake

If you ask me, this is the perfect date spot that reminds you of the scene in The Notebook. This lake is located just a short 6 miles from Statesboro and is great for our nature enthusiasts. Our fishers reading this have the opportunity to go fishing in this awesome 258-acre lake. Take a kayaking or canoeing trip out on this amazing lake with your friends or with that special someone, but remember to be careful not to tip the canoe. Though it may be privately owned, many of the owners are willing to let you go out on the lake.

Eagle Creek Brewing Company

You'll find this unique brewery right in the heart of downtown Statesboro just before you get to the courthouse. Eagle Creek brews right here in Statesboro and offers many tours and tastings for the thirsty customers and they only cost $10! Perfect for the college budget. They also have trivia nights on Thursdays and open mic nights on Wednesdays!

Dingus Magee's

You'll find your students here on Tuesday nights for great bar food, and even better drinks. I mean, your older siblings or parents who came to Georgia Southern can't even get mad about you going out on a school night because I guarantee they too sat in the same booths some years ago.

Daily Grind

This coffee shop gives you a homey vibe and is great to meet with friends while doing your Bible study. They offer more than just coffee, though, they also offer lunch items that are oh so delicious. This coffee shop is a must to stop by to get nice and cozy.

Three Tree Coffee Roasters

Locally owned and locally brewed, Three Tree caters to many college students a day whether it's to do homework, have "meetings", host bible studies, or even events where a local artist comes and speaks or sings. It's incredible. This coffee shop gives an open vibe with lots of natural sunlight coming through the windows. It's a college town favorite.

Georgia Southern Football

In the fall, this college town turns upside-down over the Eagles. From tailgates to the student section closing from maxing out the attendance, Southern students take major pride in this amazing football team winning or losing. The rich traditions that come along with the athletics department drive the students, alumni, and future eagles to cheer louder and prouder than any other school in the United States.