What corporate benefits does fiber-optic Internet connectivity provide me

16

There are numerous benefits that companies can obtain with the installation of fiber-optic Internet. Due to the relative novelty of this technology, you may wonder if these benefits outweigh the costs or possible disadvantages that they can bring. While this type of connectivity is a much newer technology than broadband internet or copper wire, many businesses have found very significant returns from investing in it.

Fiber-optic connectivity can create incredible benefits for businesses of all sizes. Especially organizations that use clouds for applications or data storage. Fiber together with voice over IP telephony is a powerful combination for business communications.

What corporate benefits can be obtained from fiber optics? We show you below:

Speed

In many cases, the fiber optic Internet is faster than even high-speed copper Internet connections. Your available options range from 5 Mbps to 100 Gbps. Therefore, during periods of high demand for Internet access, your business will not notice the decrease in speed if it uses fiber optics.

Studies show that company employees waste one week of productivity per year because of slow Internet connections. Although the work-time your team spends with slow Internet may not seem like a serious problem, over time it is signed. Internet connectivity should never inhibit productivity. It should be a tool that supports employees' desire to work productively.

Access to the cloud

From consumer relationship management (CRM) to data warehousing, the cloud has become an important business tool for applications, hosting, and more. Today 82% of organizations use the cloud for any situation.

Your business can have fewer delays in accessing information hosted in the cloud thanks to the software as a service (SAS) tools and other platforms. In other words, sales and customer service representatives will no longer experience delays in communicating with your future customers. As the business brings more and more services to the cloud, the fiber optic Internet becomes essential.

Trust

Fiber connectivity offers significant reliability benefits, unlike copper internet connectivity. Because the first one is much more resistant than the second one. The fiber optic Internet is not susceptible to weather conditions, which can damage or stop data transmission when the wiring is copper. The fiber is also resistant to human or electrical interference unless the fibers are cut.

Unsafe internet connections can bring real costs to any business. If your company requires an Internet connection to make calls or access applications, the reliability of the connection is necessary.

Good signal

With a traditional broadband Internet that uses DSL or Ethernet over copper, the signal decreases as the user moves the switch away. In contrast, the power of the fiber optic signal does not decrease as fast with distance. Organizations working in relatively wide spaces can benefit from better signaling throughout the facility.

Bandwidth

For businesses that require a lot of data communication, it is relatively easy to be affected by Internet cable bandwidth. While the fiber optic Internet for business is not really unlimited, the availability of bandwidth is much greater. And it doesn't slow down as demand on the network increases. Cloud applications, web conferencing, HD video transition, file sharing require high bandwidth. And fiber optics offers you that.

Security

With relative ease, hackers and information thieves can access your business Internet cable. This through wiring or other relatively simple methodologies. The only way to penetrate the fiber optic Internet is if the fibers are physically cut, causing the signal to disappear. Fiber optics is a powerful option to increase the protection of a company against cybercrime.

Resistant to interference

The copper wire internet supporting bandwidth is sensitive to electromagnetic interference due to the proximity of heavy machinery. Instead, the fiber Internet signals do not degrade or disappear due to interference. If your business shares a telecommunications office with other businesses, the fiber-optic Internet can prevent your connectivity from disappearing if other organizations use equipment that can interfere with the connection in the same space.

Cost savings

Internet speed is seen as a productive tool for business. As we mentioned earlier, eliminating speed issues results in an increase in productivity value of one week per year. If your business suffers from unreliable connectivity due to the region or the climate, you may be losing thousands of soles per year. Productivity problems that are directly attributed to the slow and unreliable Internet can go away with the fiber.

Are you ready for fiber optic connectivity?

To learn more about the benefits of fiber-optic Internet connectivity or receive advice, for your business Click Here where you can contact one of our commercial executives.