Welcome Week At Troy University

Welcome Week At Troy University

Troy University Welcome Week is a great opportunity to seek campus involvement, make new friends, and learn more about Troy!

200
Welcome Week At Troy University

Summer is over, and it is that time of year again. Classes will soon begin on Troy University's beautiful campus. During the first week of school, Troy University and its on-campus organizations will have their annual Welcome Week. Welcome Week helps students settle in and get excited about the upcoming school year. This year, Welcome Week for Troy University will take place from Saturday, August 8 until Saturday, August 15.

Attending welcome week was an important part of my freshman year. Welcome Week allowed me to talk to on-campus organizations, get involved, meet other students, and feel more comfortable with my new surroundings at Troy.

Welcome Week is not only for freshmen, but is also a great opportunity for upperclassmen to become more involved, meet the new students, and have a little fun. Below is this year's Welcome Week Schedule.

Monday, August 10:

Residence Hall Move-In Day (All Day)

Camp Ignite - Service Project (1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.)

Last Chance Orientation (9:00 a.m. at Trojan Center Theater)

Mandatory Freshman Orientation Seminars (9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. at Hawkins Hall)

International Student Graduate Orientation (10:00 a.m. at Patterson Hall 101)

Dodge Ball - Sponsored by 101 ELITE Men and Campus Outreach (6:00 p.m. at Sartain Hall)

Block Party - Sponsored by NPHC and Campus Outreach (8:00 p.m. to 12:00 p.m. at Sartain Parking Lot)

Baptist Campus Ministries Survival Night (6:00 p.m. at BCM House)

Tuesday, August 11:

Residence Hall Move-In Day (All Day)

Camp Ignite - Service Project - 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.

Baptist Campus Ministries Cookout (11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. at BCM House)

Campus Tours - Sponsored by the Housing Department (5:00 p.m.)

Newman Center Stump the Priest and Free Dinner (6:15 p.m. at Newman Center)

Chi Alpha (XA) Cookout and Concert (7:00 p.m. at Main Quad)

Coffee House at the Christian Student Center (7:30 p.m. at CSC Building)

Wednesday, August 12:

Alpha Lambda Delta and Center for Student Success: "Information Station" Info Tables (Main Quad)

"Hey Day" Sponsored by the SGA (8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Main Quad)

Back to School Fall Fling (5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. on Bibb Graves Quad)

*Free food, music, and meet our campus organizations*

Barnes and Noble T-Shirt Swap (5:00 to 8:00 p.m.)

*Bring a T-Shirt from another University and swap it for a Troy Trojans T-shirt.*

Student Alumni Association Tailgate (4:00 p.m. on Bibb Graves Quad)

Chi Alpha (XA): Worship Service (7:30 p.m. in Trojan Center Ballrooms)

"The Gathering" Worship Service (7:30 p.m. at CSC Building)

"Hoop it Up" 3 on 3 Basketball Tournament (7:00 p.m. in Sartain Hall)

*Sponsored by 101 ELITE Men and Campus Outreach*

Thursday, August 13:

UAC: Step Tease "Come Out and Watch Our Greeks Show Out" (7:00 p.m. in Sartain Hall)

IFC Recruitment (5:00 p.m. in Trojan Center Ballrooms)

Progressive Dinner by Campus Ministries (5:10 p.m. at Sartain Parking Lot)

Christian Student Center Sand Volleyball (8:00 p.m. at CSC Building)

Baptist Campus Ministries Broom Hockey Night (8:00 p.m. at BCM House)

NPHC - Step Tease After Party (9:00 p.m. at Rec Gym)

Friday, August 14:

Taste of Troy in The Square (6:00 p.m. at Town Square)

*Live music, food, and giveaways*

IFC Recruitment (7:00 p.m. at Fraternity Row)

M.I.S.S. Elite Society Popsicle Giveaway (10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. on Social Quad)

Wesley Foundation Movie Night (8:00 p.m. on Wesley Foundation Lawn)

Saturday, August 15:

Chi Alpha (XA) Kayaking Trip (8:00 a.m. meet at Sartain Parking Lot)

Mass of the Assumption (12:15 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. at St. Martins Catholic Church)

Camp Butter and Egg Adventures (12:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. at Camp Butter and Egg)

Troy University Football Scrimmage (6:00 p.m. at Veterans Memorial Stadium)