I Am A Christian Woman And Am Tired Of Seeing Protest On The News

I can already feel your blood boiling through the computer screen.

20
Pashionistas

I am a Christian woman who is tired of seeing protests on the news.

Yes, that statement is completely true, and I can already feel your blood boiling through the computer screen as you read that sentence. I've read the multiple articles from women who are upset with the Women's March, and I've read even more articles and comments that are filled with negativity. Many times I have read the statement "I am scared of my country" or "I am scared for my country" makes me terribly sad, especially when I see that it came from someone who claims to be active in his or her Christian faith.

When you are active in your faith, these worries aren't at the forefront of your mind. Yes, they do pop up because worry is something that, as sinners, we will never be able to ignore. However, when we bring up this worry why do we not realize that there is a higher power at hand in these decisions?

To those who are upset that President Trump won the electoral vote but lost the popular vote, do you not realize how powerful that is? That it takes a higher power at hand to make sure that the other, smaller population states, voted for Trump? The way the electoral college works is to ensure that the smaller population states have their voice heard. When looking at the blue and red electoral vote map from election day, it's clear that the bigger population states voted for Hillary but what about those smaller states? Shouldn't you instead wonder why those smaller states voted the way that they did?

As a Christian woman, I don't have to wonder these things unless I'm asked to do so for my next essay in class. I already understand why these things happened and it's because my Heavenly Father wanted it so. And guess what? If Hillary Clinton were sworn in on January 20th, I would've said to myself "Alright God, you put her there, and I just have to trust you."

I understand that this country is what is called a "melting pot" and there are so many religions now in this amazing country, but I feel as if almost every religion (excluding those who believe no higher power could exist, but that's not technically a religion because the definition of a religion is the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods) believes in that higher power and therefore why are you not asking your "higher power" why this election had the turnout that it did?

As for the Women's March, I don't have much to say about that. The only big thing I wanted to address was how, as a Christian pro-life woman, I was not represented in D.C. whatsoever because I was not welcomed. I saw this picture from the March, and it made me sick to my stomach that something like this would ever be said about my Lord and Savior.

What an evil march, what an evil environment that I am so happy I wasn't apart of. I understand that the women at the March have their opinion, and you have the freedom to voice your opinion. However, it was Christ who died on the cross that gave you the freedom to hold that sign. He took the lashings so that you could say such hateful things. Do you feel no remorse?

My biggest question for the Women's March is this: If you claimed to be marching for ALL women and marching for the voices of ALL women, why were the pro-life women in D.C. asked not to show up? Do their voices suddenly not matter because although, yes, they are a woman, they are viewed differently simply because they have a different view than the rest of the march? The hypocrisy is astounding.

Lastly, I want to address those who say that President Trump's speech was "dark and pessimistic" because I don't think we heard the same speech if this is what you think.

"The Bible tells us how good and pleasant it is when God's people live together in unity. We must speak our minds openly, debate our disagreements honestly, but always pursue solidarity. When America is united, America is totally unstoppable. There should be no fear. We are protected, and we will always be protected. We will be protected by the great men and women of our military and law enforcement. And most importantly, we will be protected by God."

This is directly from President Trump's speech. He mentions God a total of five times and the Bible once. These six times that he referred to the Christian faith were enough for me to understand that it was an optimistic, enlightening speech. I don't understand people who are Christians (or even not Christians) make the claim that this was a dark speech when Christ himself is the light of the world (John 1:1-7, James 1:17).

I read from a wonderful website the following statement and needed to share:

Throughout the Bible, light is used metaphorically for life (Psalm 56:13), salvation (Isaiah 9:2), the commandments (Proverbs 6:23), and the divine presence of God (Exodus 10:23). Also, right off the bat in Genesis "God saw the light was good" (Gen. 1:3).

"But Lexie, how do you think it made those feel who weren't members of the Christian faith?"

I can feel someone typing the question in the comments now. The members of those outside of the Christian faith, I hope, would understand that Christians aim to be a loving and accepting people as Christ calls us to do. Christ calls for us to love our neighbor, no matter neither how they may sin nor how different they may be. We are called to be the example for those in this world.

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven." Matthew 5:16

I hope that members of other faiths wouldn't be scared of the next four years but would be hopefully and focus on the good parts of the Christian faith. An example would be that I view the Muslim faith with respect and understand that not every Muslim follows the extreme form of their religion that leads to Islamic terrorism. I can understand that the Islamic religion strives for peace, not violence.

In the same light, I hope that members outside of the Christian community can see that the followers of Christ are not perfect, hence why Christ died on the cross. The Bible says that we are all guilty before God, but it is Jesus who steps in on our behalf (Zechariah 3). The "extreme Christians", as I like to call them, who yell at you as you're trying to walk to class about why wearing yoga pants is a reason to go to hell or the "extreme Christians" who believe that all Muslim's are terrorists without first getting to understand the peacefulness of their religion, are not following Christ in the way that He calls us to do, and I hope my country starts to see that.

With all this being said, I am tired of the protests. We will never be able to strive for unity when our hearts are closed off to the idea. To those who claim to be Christians, I challenge you to start actively thinking like a Christian. Call out those who are not actively pursuing unity. We are not perfect in this world, but we can always hold each other accountable to make sure that we are walking the walk and not just talking the talk about unity.

I want to end this with a bible verse that I'd like for you to think about:

20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;

21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:

23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

24 Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world.

25 O righteous Father, the world hath not known thee: but I have known thee, and these have known that thou hast sent me.

26 And I have declared unto them thy name, and will declare it: that the love wherewith thou hast loved me may be in them, and I in them.

John 17:20-26, KJV

Arguments and debates won't convince the world of God (although it is inevitable), but it is our unity and love that will convince the world of God.