Shonda's TGITs Are Back: My Reactions

Shonda's TGITs Are Back: My Reactions

We had to wait all summer for the new episodes in Shondaland. And they didn't disappoint.

29
Shonda's TGITs Are Back: My Reactions

Shonda Rhimes has my heart. Or more specifically, her shows do. I've been watching "Grey's Anatomy" since before it was probably appropriate for me to be watching the show. "Scandal" has me gasping and yelling at the TV every week, and "How to Get Away with Murder" has proven to me that I want to be Viola Davis when I grow up.

So of course, I was beyond excited for all three shows to start up again last week. ABC has branded and promoted the trifecta of Shonda Rhimes' shows as "TGIT," or "Thank God it's Thursday," and, for addicts of her shows, that is all too true.

However, because I'm a college student, I don't have cable, so I binge-watched on Friday morning once the shows were available on Hulu. Here are some of my reactions to the season premieres (edited to be more socially acceptable).

"Grey's Anatomy"

I am still not over McDreamy being dead.

But Meredith is the true heart of this show, and I'm hoping the season will refocus on her and her journey.

I'm excited to see Meredith, Amelia, and Maggie living in one house. Because the three of them plus Mer's three kids has to result in some great scenes.

Last week's episode focused on something that is really hard to discuss -- parents believing they can "pray away" their child's sexuality. And I'm so proud of how Shonda handled it.

YES. Badass Callie Torres is back and in full force. I know the interns think that Arizona is a legend, but Callie has always been one of my favorites.

Maggie punching the evil mother made my day. I didn't expect it from her (I would have put money on Callie), but it was perfect.

Seeing Miranda Bailey get her mojo back made me *heart eyes* because I missed the old Bailey, the one people were scared of even though she's actually the nicest person.

I am so sick of the Avery and April drama. Just resolve it, please, or don't make it a huge part of the season. I know that sounds awful because they had such a terrible and heartbreaking story line last year, but no thank you.

And honestly, I just want Christina Yang to come back. She was my absolute favorite. And you know she never would have left Meredith by herself after Derek died. So for character continuity, bring back Sandra Oh. Please.

"Scandal"

Scandal means OLIVIA AND FITZ!

This whole story line was almost too much like what happened with Princess Diana. It was interesting and a good way to parallel what is going to happen with Olivia and Fitz (most likely), but in some way it was almost uncomfortable. And I totally called the queen being evil.

Mellie is the worst, and I don't care what anyone says.

Huck is the most heartbreaking character on TV ever.

I just want Olivia to be happy. Please, Shonda, let that happen. And for Jake to stay out of the picture. That's all.

"But Evil Queens tend to go down." YAS, Olivia.

And of course, Sally Langston is the worst. The fact that she's still awful even after she had Olivia deal with the fact that she killed her husband is ridiculous.

"How to Get Away with Murder"

I am so perplexed by this show. But in a good way.

Viola Davis is a perfect human.

This whole episode's plot is crazy. The adopted children killing their parents for a massive inheritance? Terrible and also not that unbelievable.

I still can't get over how Dean from "Harry Potter" is Wes. It's mind-boggling.

I actually wasn't expecting for the crazy brother to actually be a crazy brother.

I totally knew that Bonnie was batshit crazy. I called this over the summer, and I can't wait to see what happens with her as the season progresses.

Also, it's nice to see Paris Gellar crazy in a new way, once again (Liza Weil was also in "Scandal," and she was killed, of course).

WHY DID YOU SHOOT ANNALISE, WES? WHY DO I HAVE TO WAIT TO FIND OUT?

I hope you enjoyed some of my reactions to last week's season premieres, but to be honest, there's much less rational thought while watching the episodes.