An Unofficial Review of Harry Styles' Solo Album

It is definitely an album worth listening to

68
@BestDailyHarry

I'm not afraid to admit that I was once a completely devoted One Direction fangirl. One Direction was my favorite band for a long time, and you can image my excitement when I found out I had floor tickets to see them in concert. After they decided to take a break I stopped following them. When I found out Harry Styles had released an album I was a little skeptical at first, I couldn't imagine the kind of music he would produce on his own, but I'm so glad I decided to give the album a try. Each song has a really unique sound to it but they come together to create an amazing album. Here is my unofficial review of each song from Harry's album.

Meet Me in the Hallway

I really like this song. I feel like it is completely different from anything One Direction would have produced but it has a great sound. The song is sad, but it has a hopefulness to it that makes it worth listening to over and over again.

Sign of the Times

This was the first song I heard from Harry's album and I have loved it since the first time I heard it. I read that this song is about a mother dying for her child, which is what Harry feels he is doing for his fans. The backstory to this song explains why the song has such a different sound than One Direction had and gives an explanation to why Harry started a solo career.

Carolina

I loved this song from the first second. It has such a cool almost rock and roll sound that you can't help but sing along to.

Two Ghosts

When I first heard this song I thought it almost sounded a little country. My favorite part of the song is the lyrics "We're just two ghosts standing in the place of you and me, trying to remember how it feels to have a heartbeat." It is a pretty simple song but the lyrics are amazing.

Sweet Creature

This song is really unique with its' soft indie/pop sound. The lyrics are also very vague which leaves a mystery to exactly what Harry is singing about.

Only Angel

I love the contrast from the beginning to the rest of the song. It starts out so slow and mysterious until making a sudden rock and roll turn. The entire song is so catchy and fun - definitely one of my favorites!

Kiwi

Another rock and roll song that is easy to love! The song did stir up some controversy however once people started to listen to the lyrics. The chorus repeats the lyrics, "I think she said, I'm having your baby, it's none of your business" which made people question the inspiration behind these lyrics and whether or not we should be expecting a Harry Jr.

Ever Since New York

There have been some rumors that this song could be about Taylor Swift because of her song Welcome To New York. Other people say that the song is Harry's response to the media, with him saying "tell me something I don't already know" as a way of saying the media aren't influencing who he is.

Woman

This song is probably my favorite song from the album. It's such unique song with a mix of pop, rock and indie it creates a really cool sound. The mix of guitar a voice in the bridge is amazing. But I did question exactly what instrument is creating the duck-like sound through out the song.

From the Dining Table

This song is another one of my favorites from the album. It is so simple with just guitar and the harmonies, but it works really well to create a unique song.