The Ultimate “Now That Thanksgiving Is Over It's Acceptable To Listen To Christmas Music" Playlist | The Odyssey Online

The Ultimate “Now That Thanksgiving Is Over It's Acceptable To Listen To Christmas Music" Playlist

But really, is it ever too early for Christmas music?

14
Wall Devil

It’s the best time of the year again! Those 10 minutes after you put your forks down, start sharing the name of your food baby with your family, and then you start hearing sleigh bells ringing and reindeer hooves on the rooftop. Here’s the 28 songs you need to get your Santa on this season!

1. All I Want for Christmas is You - Mariah Carey

Starting off with the obvious classic, as no Christmas playlist is complete without the Queen of Christmas music herself. All I want for Christmas is this song to play on repeat for the next 34 days.

2. Santa Baby- Eartha Kitt

Eartha Kitt’s voice is to die for and God bless that she made an equally amazing Christmas song.

3. Last Christmas- Wham!

Last Christmas, this Christmas, every Christmas.

4. White Christmas- Bing Crosby

This song gives me hopes that each year will be a white Christmas, and each year when we don’t have a white Christmas, I listen to this song in hopes that next year will be a white Christmas.

5. Every Michael Bublé Christmas Song Ever

Michael Bublé has to be the King of Christmas music. His self-titled Christmas album is pure gold and there’s no denying the necessity of his voice at every holiday gathering this season.

6. The Christmas Shoes- NewSong

Every time I hear this song I cry, point blank. There is so much emotion in his voice as he sings and it reminds us all of the true meaning of Christmas. How could it not be a staple for anyone getting in the Christmas spirit?

7. Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer- Elmo and Patsy

This is a personal favorite of mine. Ironic enough, every time I go over to her house my grandma puts this song on blast and plays it throughout the night. We sing and dance around and it’s such a great Christmas tradition of ours.

8. Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree- Brenda Lee

If this song isn’t playing at the Christmas party, I’m not going. I rock to this song so hard, there’s no equal.

9. Mary Did You Know- Pentatonix

I can’t remember a Christmas where I haven’t belted this song in the car with my friends on our way to a white elephant party. This song is a hands down banger.

10. Jingle Bell Rock- Bobby Helms OR Daryl Hall and John Oates

Jingle Bell Rock my world. I. Love. This. Song.

11. Frosty the Snowman- Leon Redbone & Dr. John

Such a great movie. Such a great message. Such a great snowman. Such a great song.

13. The Little Drummer Boy- Bing Crosby and David Bowie

Another song I love to sing with my friends, and when I say sing I mean belt. Pa rum pum pum pum.

14. Blue Christmas- Elvis Presley

I’ll have a blue Christmas if I don’t hear Elvis Presley singing about how sad Christmas would be without me (obviously he’s singing about me right?).

14. Santa Claus is Coming to Town- The Jackson 5

How could the Jackson 5 not be on this list??

15. Happy Xmas- John Lennon & Yoko One

Yet another song that reminds us everyone deserves a happy Christmas. So get out there, be generous, and help those in need!

16. The Christmas Song- Nat King Cole

Chestnuts roasting by the fire and Jack Frost nipping at your nose; aka the epitome of Christmas.

17. Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas- Kelly Clarkson

After listening to this song, I WILL have myself a merry little Christmas, thank you, Kelly.

18. Santa Tell Me- Ariana Grande

Ariana tell me how we went for so long without this song?

20. The Chanukah Song- Adam Sandler

Yes, I’m aware this isn’t a Christmas song, but it’s a great holiday song and so much funukah.

21. Rudolph, the Red-Nosed Reindeer- Gene Autry

You know all the Christmas songs, but do you recall the best one of them all? Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer!

22. -The Chipmunk Song- David Seville

How could you not love this song? It’s three little chipmunks singing about hula hoops and planes that loop the loop.

23. It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year- Andy Williams

Andy Williams hit the nail on the head, Christmas is truly the most wonderful time of the year.

24. Baby, it’s Cold Outside- Michael Bublé & Idina Menzel

I can’t think of a better duo for a Christmas song than these two, this song is everything good about Christmas music.

24. Mistletoe- Justin Bieber

My Christmas dream: Meeting Justin under the mistletoe.

25.Feliz Navidad- Jose Feliciano

This song is just perfecto. Like who doesn’t start screaming and jumping when this one comes on?

26. Let it Snow! Let it Snow! Let it Snow!- Dean Martin

This is another classic song, one that everyone sang in a choir in church or at school for the Christmas concert at some point in their lives.

27. I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas- Gayla Peevey

I swear when I was younger I told everyone I wanted a hippopotamus for Christmas all because of this song. And you have to admit, who doesn’t want a hippopotamus for Christmas?

28. Mele Kalikimaka- Bing Crosby

If I can’t have a white Christmas, I want a Hawaii Christmas where I can sit on the beach and listen to this song on repeat.