24 Songs For The Christian Heart | The Odyssey Online

24 Songs For The Christian Heart

For the camper, friend, parent, counselor, and Christ.

1643
24 Songs For The Christian Heart
Anthony Delanoix

I love Christian music. I have a passion for worship and that all began when I went to camp for the first time. The morning chapels shaped who I am and I loved every single song we sang. Over the years, I developed a love for listening to many Christian artists. The reason there is such a large number of songs, 24 to be exact, is because this fills a hour and forty five minutes (including the adds because I don't have Spotify Prime). A hour and forty five minutes equals how long it takes for me to get to camp this summer. It equals the time it takes to drive for another week of fun.

1. "Multiplied" by NEEDTOBREATHE

Everyone needs support. I turn to my religion in times of trouble and pray. God gives me comfort. "God of mercy sweet love of mine. I have surrendered to Your design."Religion pulls me out of my comfort zone. That is why this song hits home to me.

2. "I Will Follow" by Chris Tomlin

God can be intimidating. Worshiping someone we haven't ever met and just hear stories about seems silly to many. I have realized that God is with me through it all. There have been miracles in my life along with tragic moments, but God is with me. "How you serve, I'll serve. If this life I lose, I will follow you."

3. "We Won't Be Shaken" by Building 429

I have learned that no matter what comes my way, I have my religion. I have people that are amazing friends and share the love of God with me. I am lucky to have them. This song allows me to reflect on myself. "Whatever will come our way, Through fire or pouring rain, We won't be shaken. Whatever tomorrow brings, Together we'll rise and sing, That we won't be shaken."

4. "Hello, My Name Is" by Matthew West

We all make mistakes. We are beautifully and wonderfully made, no matter our faults. "Hello, my name is regret. I’m pretty sure we have met. Every single day of your life, I’m the whisper inside, That won’t let you forget." Matthew West pulls at my heart strings and reminds me that no matter what, you are beautiful. You are important. God has your back. This music video makes me very very happy!

5. "My Lighthouse" by Rend Collective

My Lighthouse was the summer anthem last year for me and to be honest, it will be again this year. This song just makes me smile! "I won't fear what tomorrow brings, With each morning I'll rise and sing. My God's love will lead me through. You are the peace in my troubled sea." No matter what, if you trust God, crazy things are going to happen in your life. God is my lighthouse.

6. "Soul On Fire" by Third Day (feat All Sons & Daughters)

"God, I'm running for your heart. I'm running for your heart, till I am a soul on fire. Lord, I'm longing for your ways. I'm waiting for the day, when I am a soul on fire." My faith is a constant, not something I just declare and want to stay the same. Faith is something you grow and commit to sharing. This song reminds me that I am constantly running and moving forward, sharing God.

7. "From The Day" by I Am They

"From the day you saved my soul, 'til the very moment when I come home; I'll sing, I'll dance, my heart will overflow, from the day You saved my soul." God has saved me. I am not perfect. There are many times I just remind myself that I am not perfect, but God created me for a reason. I can dance and sing and share love with everyone because THAT is my motivator.

8. "Every Giant Will Fall" by Rend Collective

"When my fear's like Jericho build their walls around my soul, when my heart is overthrown; Your love is my battle cry. The anthem for all my life." We all struggle. It is how we handle the situation. Get right back up and move forward.

9. "Fix My Eyes" by FOR KING & COUNTRY

Don't be afraid of opening up to people. Stand up for others! Take time to build relationships with others and love."Love like I'm not scared. Give when it's not fair. Live life for another. Take time for a brother. Fight for the weak ones. Speak out for freedom. Find faith in the battle. Stand tall but above it all, Fix my eyes on You, On You."

10. "Sparrows" by Jason Gray

"Carefree in the care of God, when you let it go. You'll find that He's enough, Oh you never leave His love. You don't walk alone." God takes my hand and guides me. No matter how many times I feel as though I am loosing it, Christ is there. This song makes me so happy and jump up and dance (unless I am driving)!

11. "You Are More" by Tenth Avenue North

"You are more than the choices that you've made. You are more than the sum of your past mistakes. You are more than the problems you create. You've been remade." A simple mistake or a big one, no matter what, you are loved. When you put your trust in God, so much is possible. Your sins are forgiven and you are beautifully made. This song reminds me that one mistake I make in the past doesn't define who I become.

12. "Start A Fire" by Unspoken

"Start a fire in my soul. Fan the flame and make it grow. So there’s no doubt or denying. Let it burn so brightly, that everyone around can see, that it’s You. That it’s You that we need. Start a fire in me."

13. "Oh How I Need You" by All Sons & Daughters

Forget about the recording of this song. All Sons & Daughters sing eloquently live. Lord is all over, you just have to open your heart."Lord I find You in the seeking. Lord I find You in the doubt. And to know You is to love you, and to know so little else. I need You."

14. "Joy Of The Lord" by Rend Collective

"I’ll lift my eyes to You, while there's hope in this heart. I will praise You Lord."

15. "Something Beautiful" by NEEDTOBREATHE

"Hey now, this is my desire, consume me like a fire, 'cause I just want something beautiful." Religion is my life. I won't ever give up on it.

16. "Build Your Kingdom Here" by Rend Collective

"Build Your kingdom here. Let the darkness fear. Show Your mighty hand.
Heal our streets and land. Set Your church on fire. Win this nation back. Change the atmosphere. Build Your kingdom here. We pray."

17. "Give Me Your Eyes" by Brandon Heath

"Give me Your eyes for just one second. Give me Your eyes so I can see everything that I keep missing. Give me Your love for humanity." Empathy. We are in a society that judges. Imagine stripping it all away to just see how amazing every single person is. They were all wonderfully made. We just have to open our eyes to see it.

18. "All The People Said Amen" by Matt Maher

"You are not alone if you are lonely. When you feel afraid, you're not the only. We are all the same in need of mercy." We are all scared! Trusting in God, a person we haven't ever met in person, that is terrifying. When we come together though and trust in the Lord, it is magical. I learned that the minute I stepped foot in the Green Cathedral at camp and sang to Christ.

19. "Flawless" by MercyMe

"No matter the bumps, No matter the bruises, No matter the scars, Still the truth is the cross has made, the cross has made you flawless." God made you the way you are for a reason! MercyMe reminds me with this song that no matter what acne that appears, what tears are shed, what tests I don't succeed in, I am flawless.

20. "Good Good Father" by Chris Tomlin ft. Pat Barrett

"I've heard a thousand stories of what they think you're like, but I've heard tender whispers of love in the dead of night. And you tell me that you're pleased and that I'm never alone." To me, God can come off maternal and fatherly. God is God. I try to remove the he or she as much as possible. God is my other father and mother. God is good.

21. "Future/Past" by John Mark McMillan

"All treasures of wisdom and things to be known are hidden inside Your hand. And in this fortunate turn of events, you ask me to be your friend." Did you know Christ is my friend? Christ is your friend too! It's awesome. No matter what, trust.

22. "Oceans" by Hillsong United

The first time I heard this song I was brought to tears. This acoustic version of the song gives me chills. God is mine and I am God's child."And I will call upon Your name and keep my eyes above the waves when oceans rise. My soul will rest in Your embrace, for I am Yours and You are mine." I feel the spirit in this girl's voice.

23. "God is On The Move" by 7eventh Time Down

"I know - I know - I know - I know. God is on the move, on the move, Hallelujah!
God is on the move, In many mighty ways."

24. "Overcomer" by Mandisa

"You're an overcomer. Stay in the fight ‘til the final round. You're not going under, ‘cause God is holding you right now." I hadn't heard this song till recently when I asked my fellow camp counselors what songs made them feel close to God and reminds them of camp. Even if you don't love Christian songs, these lyrics speak to me and this music video made me cry.

Praise God this summer. Praise God all the time. The summer is a wonderful season filled with joy. What better time to get started listening to these amazing songs? I challenge you. Ready. . .GO!