12 Reasons You Should Watch "One Tree Hill" | The Odyssey Online

12 Reasons You Should Watch "One Tree Hill"

It's timeless and truly special.

1144
InTouch

One Tree Hill is a show that every one should watch in my opinion. It is a show that a majority of people can find a way to relate to, and here are some reasons to convince people to watch this amazing show.

1. The stories

One Tree Hill never just focused on one story. Each character had a different story and then there was always the story arc of the whole season. But, One Tree Hill never really did one story line twice. If they ever came close to it then the writers threw us for some crazy loop that no one was expecting and it was a whole new story to watch.

2. The friendships

One of the main focus points of this show is the friendships the characters forge. Whether it's Lucas and Haley, or Brooke and Peyton, this show helps to give an example of what it means to stick by your friends through everything. These characters have been through cheating scandals and tough break ups, but they still manage to stay friends and be there for each other.

3. The Scott family

This family is honestly just so precious. Haley changed Nathan, for the better, when they got together. Haley and Nathan are a fan favorite on One Tree Hill, and their son is just a precious addition to the show.

4. It's on Netflix

I know there are a ton of people looking for a new show to binge watch, and believe me, this show is for sure a good one. There are nine seasons, so enough to have a good binge session, but not too many to make it a large life commitment.

5. The Scott brothers

Lucas and Nathan Scott start off with a rocky relationship, but they turn out to have a very strong relationship. The show focuses on this relationship, and it doesn't hurt that these two men are not too bad to look at.

6. Brooke Davis

Brooke Davis, is my favorite character on One Tree Hill. Over the nine seasons, Brooke has some pretty amazing character development. She gets knocked down more time than viewers can count, but she always gets back up and moves on.

7. The kids

Toward the end of the series, viewers are introduced to a whole new generation of character in One Tree Hill, the kids. Some of these characters are kids of the original characters and then their friends. Their stories are quickly introduced into the fold. These kids have to deal with some drama of their own, and while doing that they still succeed in being as precious as they can be.

8. The life lessons

One Tree Hill has given viewers lessons they can carry for the rest of their lives. Whether it be to not be wishing for someday and focus on the now, or to work to be the person you want to be, One Tree Hill is a show full of life lessons. And these life lessons come in the different parts of the character's lives, so it can apply to different parts of the viewers lives.

9. The family that was made

A lot of the characters on the show have their own families. But as the show goes on, it becomes more apparent that these characters slowly become each other's family. They're always there for each other, and that familial bond is forged outside of the blood blond. By the time the last season came around, it was hard to remember what these characters were like without one another.

10. It tugs at your heart strings

This show is drama heavy, which means the emotional moments are abundant. Usually about half the episodes per season are going to have you on the verge of tears or on the edge of your seat. These characters go through very real situations that could happen in the real world, and they bring a multitude of emotions to our screens in every episode.

11. It's so relatable

This show follows these characters all through High School, and then skips to post-college life. These characters are High School and Pro athletes, fashion designers and news anchors, teachers and authors. This show has a character and a situation for every viewer to relate to, and it makes it a great show to be invested in.

12. "There's only one Tree Hill."

As an avid One Tree Hill fan, it has been hard for me to find another show that has made as much of an impact on my life as this one has. This show is really a one-in-a-million kind of show, and as a viewer, I am lucky to have been able to watch it.

One Tree Hill is a show that will hook you from the Pilot. The reasons to watch this show are numerous, but this show can really teach you lessons, and that is a kind of show everyone should be looking to watch.