9 TV Shows To Catch Up On Before Their Finales

The end is coming, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't be a part of it.

12
Unsplash

If you look through the alarms I have on my phone, you would see when I wake up for school and an alarm set five minutes before every show I watch comes on. If their seasons all ran at the same time, I would probably be sitting in front of a TV every night of the week, letting an hour go by too quickly as I watch my favorite characters live their lives on TV. But, like all good things, they come to an end. It's always the worst when a show ends. It feels like a part of me dies along with it. I just get so invested! It's like when a series of books I've been reading ends. I'm left with a big gaping hole of time in my life and I have to find another series, another show, to take up all that empty time, just so the process can start all over again.

Just because we're in a new year doesn't mean we've escaped the terrible happenings of The End. No, in fact, 2017 is bringing us from very heartbreaking goodbyes. This year we're saying goodbye to some of my favorite shows. And if you haven't watched them yet, now's the time to start. Here are the shows you need to catch up on before their season finales this year.

1. The Vampire Diaries

If you haven't been watching this series since 2009, I'm not sure what you've been doing with your life, but here we are. Don't worry, it's not too late to start. Between Netflix and CW's website, you should be able to catch up in time for the finale, if you start now. Personally, I'm not ready for what's left of this 26 episode final season. I know it's probably going to rip my heart out and make me feel too many emotions and I'm just not ready for it. If you're all caught up, the season returns this Friday, January 13th. We'll make it through this, I promise.

2. Reign

Unfortunately, the fourth season will be the last for another CW show. This one also tears my heart apart and I refuse to believe Mary, Queen of Scots' story stops here. But, I don't really get to make the decisions here, do I? The fourth and final season will air February 10th with a 16 episode season. We'll see more of our powerful women rulers and what's up their feisty and awesome selves. Catch up on Netflix and the CW so you too can feel the pain of saying goodbye.

3. Pretty Little Liars

Yes, finally your Twitter will stop blowing up with PLL tweets every Tuesday after this year. Season 7b comes to a close starting April 18th. Who survives? How many more deaths will we have to go through? Who is Uber A? Frankly, I'm just happy I won't be in a nursing home still trying to figure out who A is, but it is sad to see the show go. What will I do with my Tuesday nights now? If you're not caught up, you have a lot to do, so hop on Netflix now and get to it!

4. Teen Wolf

Sadly, the sixth season of Teen Wolf is going to be its last. The show will have 20 episodes and will be split into two 10 episode arcs, similar to its third season. Teen Wolf graced our TVs once more starting back up this month. The show that gave us Tyler Posey and Dylan O'Brien is coming to an end, but we better still be seeing them on our screens. If you're behind, you might want to hurry it up seeing as the season is already in full swing!

5. Game of Thrones

CALM DOWN! Okay, so technically not ending in 2017, more like 2018, we are slowly building up to all come tumbling down again when this wonderful series finds its end. The 7th season, which will be premiering this summer, is set to have 7 episodes while the 8th and final season is set to have 6. And not all of our favorites will probably be making it that long. So we can all cry and freak out together. Catch up on the previous six seasons now! You won't regret it. Actually, you might because it will take over your life. Good luck.

Other Shows We're Saying Goodbye To

Grimm: 13 episode final season (starting now)
Switched at Birth: 10 episode final season
Bates Motel: 10 episode final season
Bones: 12 episode final season

I know this is a really sad time, but I promise we'll get through this together. Now, if you aren't caught up on one of these shows, get to it so we can all be torn apart together when the season finales come around. Until then happy watching and let's hope for more shows to get hooked on this year.