Dear Mr. Trump | The Odyssey Online

Dear Mr. Trump

A letter penned to our recently voted for president

4
Dear Mr. Trump
Wonkette

Dear Mr. Trump,

No I will not call you President Trump. I could not have a say in who to vote for. Someone else took that right away from me. That someone probably used my name to vote for you, something that I would never do. I was upset that I could not vote against you. #notmypresident

Why would I want a president that is anti-LGBTQ? I am a part of this community. My friends are part of this community. My family, whether they like it or not, are a part of this community. And you just want to tear this down? Vote in Conservative Judicial representatives only for them to take away our rights? That's not what I think is most productive use of your power. Keep the federal law or you'll get riots.

Your sexual manner. Sexual assault is nothing to joke about. You don't just grab other peoples' genitalia and think it's OK. As a victim of similar instances, I don't believe what you say is right of you to say. It's not appropriate. It's crude and, in fact, rather annoying to hear. I don't need to be reminded of this thing that will haunt me for the rest of my life.

And we're building a wall? What's that going to do for us? Kick out people like my family that are not your same religion? Your same race? C'mon, people! It's almost 2017! Live a little! People do stupid shit because you put it in their heads that their people are like that. These stereotypes created by people around them cause them to think that they have to be like that.

I know what all of you Conservatives out there are going to say, "You're just a college student. You're not going to vote correctly. You don't know how to vote because Hillary was going to raise the taxes. Bomb our healthcare into oblivion." Well, here's my stance: sure neither candidate is better suited for the White House. I don't agree with all of Hillary's plans but at least she has my people in mind. Honestly, I couldn't care less about money. We're already, what? About 19-20 trillion dollars in debt? (If you don't believe me go here.) Last time I saw that clock, which was around 2008 or 2009, we were at around 17 trillion dollars. The debt isn't going away people! We're stuck with it for the rest of our lives, whether we like it or not.

I'm scared that we're going to be heading into WWIII very soon. If people allow him to keep his twitter, I think that he may piss off a few big names. I know that this sounds dramatic but it's true. It could happen.

So, please, tell me I am uneducated. Tell me that I don't understand what I'm talking about. Policies or not, I think that we have made a huge mistake.

Sincerely,

Someone from the New Generation