7 Places To Drink Beer And Eat Food In Oklahoma City

Warning: Your mouth may water.

90
Picasso on Paseo

Unbeknownst to me, Oklahoma is more than Cowboys, college football, the Thunder, and all the Kevin Durant drama. Oklahoma City contains local food and craft breweries with the northern city of Edmond as competition. The party scene and dining experience has drastically shifted in the short time I have lived here, and I sought out the best places and arranged a list of the top craft beer and luxury comfort foods.

1. Rock & Brews

If you like Rock and Roll and to have a say in the music playing in a restaurant, this is the place for you. Music videos are streamed on TVs during the dining experience and an app allows you to pick the upcoming songs. The name Rock & Brews directs your attention the popular music, but also to a long list of local and craft beers. The service will not disappoint as you get to sample any beer on draft before making a decision.

The menu is abundant in options, all of which exceed expectations with items ranging on the light side like salads to the heavier side like burgers and pizzas with unique ingredients. Try the Kale salad, BBQ Chicken pizza or Fireball burger with a chipotle aioli and avocados. Pair it with an Anthem Golden One wheat beer or Iron Monk’s Milk Stout.

2. The Root

As the date of the new and liberating liquor laws go into place approaches, The Root opened up when local breweries were unable to serve their own beer legally. Every Wednesday night features a different brewery for their pint night. Prizes, free glassware, and new draft beer can be expected. Local artists now have an outlet to share their talents as The Root promotes the locale and the art district.

3. Picasso Cafe

Let me start by saying you need a reservation. The cover photo by my headline is a picture of Picasso Cafe, and the image directly above is of The Other Room.

I, a mere mortal, had the honor of dining not in Picasso's, but in the room next door aka The Other Room. I shall strive to gain Picasso status—either through improving my skills at painting or something much trickier, getting a reservation at Picasso Cafe.

4. The Patriarch

Oh Heavenly Father,

Thank you for gracing us with this fine beer on this fine day with this fine food truck.

Amen.

The Patriarch features a food truck each night of the week, along with a long list of beers on tap. The old white house turned craft brew house sits in front of a large backyard set with picnic tables, ping pong tables and cornhole.

5. Sauced on Paseo

Wings! Pizza! Beer! And live music?! All of these are found at Sauced on Paseo where you can eat, drink, and be merry outside. In the Paseo District, Sauced on Paseo brings a casual dining experience where you can sit for hours or order to go.

6. The Drum Room

The Drum Room puts Momma’s fried chicken to shame. Did I say that? No, and I will not repeat it. Imagine fried chicken and waffles with syrup... the meat falls off the bone, onto a waffle doused in syrup quickly graced into your mouth. Try and have just one; I dare you. And if you think it's named the 'drum' room because it serves drumsticks, it becomes evident with the drums hanging from the ceiling as light fixtures that there is more than meets the eye.

7. The Mule

Midtown provides a variety of food options, and if you're thirsting for a good drink and some hearty food, The Mule is your stop. The Macaroni Pony sandwich combines the perfect duo of BBQ pulled pork and mac 'n' cheese. Class it up with a Moscow Mule or order a local brew. Hungover? The Okie Poutine with French Fries, gravy, and Watonga cheese curds is the perfect cure. I won't have to give you a kick in your mule to get you to try this comfort food.