Top Four Unwanted Places To Go | The Odyssey Online

Top Four Unwanted Places To Go

Sometimes you got to do those errands.

24
Top Four Unwanted Places To Go

If these errands were spread out gradually throughout my break, you know, I might be okay. But these have been done in two days’ time and I’m pretty frazzled, as I reflect what has happened to me in the airport. I recommend you don’t do all of this in two days:

The DMV

Any DMV in the state of California is a nightmare. You don’t want to go there unless you absolutely have to! In my case I did. Over the summer I went to the Van Nuys location in Los Angeles (the worst one of all) to renew my drivers license. It was a silly mistake but I put down the wrong address onto my ID and didn’t notice until I left the building. I immediately called to report the mistake, but the change was never made and to this day I don’t have an ID. That is why this break I went to change it. Be warned… if you don’t have an appointment and don’t want to wait in a huge line, you need to get there an hour before the place opens. Very early!

Kaiser Permanente

Having this insurance can be really helpful if you live in the state of California, but it doesn’t even exist in Oklahoma. So if you have a prescription, you have to have it mailed to your address in California and then your parents or whomever has to send it to Oklahoma. I recommend, if you can, get an insurance that will be accepted wherever you are living!

AAA

The registration process was just a mess. I go into the office and I thought I would be allowed to make payments off my debit card because the DMV allows it. The lady says we have to pay cash, so I walk down to an ATM a few blocks away to pull out cash and come back. I wait to be seated for my appointment, I get called up and immediately the woman helping me says, “insurance card”. Oops, I do not have that! All that trouble and I was turned down from registering my car.

Los Angeles International Airport (LAX)

I never have the best experiences in LAX when I fly American Airlines. This time around I checked in my bag not knowing I had to take a four-minute walk with my carry on to the security check. As I was walking I got lost, took an elevator leading me to the baggage claim, stepped in vomit that was in the elevator, went back up on to the same level, and found that it was right where I was before the elevator ride. While waiting for security to check me, a group of three people decided to cut me because, that makes a one-minute difference.

This article may be petty but I am so over going out. Once I land, I am going to spend time with the people I love and have a one last chill day before the craziness of college begins again.