Top 5 Summer Attractions In Coldwater, MI | The Odyssey Online

Top 5 Summer Attractions In Coldwater, MI

281
Google Images

Although there are many different things that could have made it on this list, here are my top five summer attractions in Coldwater, Michigan.

Coldwater NCG Theater

If you're not from a small town or an area made up of mainly small towns, you don't truly appreciate your local movie theater. The NCG in Coldwater is the only actual movie theater in our area for miles. There's a small one over in Hillsdale that most people don't even know is there, but other than that, you'd have to drive about 45 minutes to find the next one. People from all over come to the Coldwater theater. It's a big deal. You can find showtimes and other information here.

Coldwater Lake

One of the best parts about Coldwater and Quincy is the chain of seven lakes, First Lake, Marble Lake, Middle Lake, Archer Lake, Wright Lake, East Long Lake, and finally, Coldwater Lake, which are all connected by channels. People come to this part of Michigan simply to stay at one of the campgrounds nearby and spend a relaxing summer on the lake. And of course, you have the shops and stores with boat access to supply you with any snacks, drinks, or other things you may need (our favorite is Sunset Cove in Quincy; they serve pizza and ice cream. What else could you need?).

Tibbits Opera House

Schools in the area often hold their plays, musicals, and other productions in this historic building in downtown Coldwater. I've also been to a couple of small concert-type events here. On top of student productions, there are also shows performed by youth and adults, and ranging in various genres. If you're interested in finding out what's on the schedule, follow this link, and maybe I'll see you there!

Heritage Park

Heritage has many different parts to it, but luckily, they're all located in the same space. There are baseball and softball diamonds, tennis courts, a community pool, a recreation center for basketball, volleyball, or whatever else you choose to rent it out for, a skate park, a paved bicycle or running trail, a large hill (that's great for sledding in the winter!), and probably some other things that I'm forgetting. Besides all of the athletic games and swimming lessons, the most popular attraction at Heritage is probably the Fourth of July fireworks show. You can still see fireworks in other parts of Coldwater, but there's always a huge turnout of people at Heritage.

Capri Drive-In

Saving the best (in my opinion) for last, the Capri Drive-In is one of the most unique and exciting attractions in the area. It's one of the only remaining drive-in movie theaters, and it's less than a 10-minute drive from the center of Coldwater. There are two screens which show two movies each on the nights they're open, and admission is only $8 for adults.