30 Tampa Bay Dates For College Students
popular

30 Tampa Bay Dates For College Students

Spice up your date night with this ultimate guide to exploring Tampa.

8517
30 Tampa Bay Dates For College Students
RD

If you're like most couples, it's easy to fall into a routine. Finding unique date ideas can be a hassle that you likely don't have time for. Whether you're celebrating a special occasion or filling a free weekend, here are 30 of the best date ideas around the Tampa Bay.

1. The Clearwater Jolley Trolley.

This Trolley runs through Clearwater beach, Downtown Clearwater, Dunedin, Palm Harbor and Tarpon Springs. Leave your car, pack a cooler and enjoy the best of the Bay. A day pass is only $5!

2. Oxford Exchange

This trendy location is a must for brunch or an afternoon Affogato (a double shot of espresso over gelato.) According to their site, Oxford Exchange is a "European-inspired space featuring a restaurant, bookstore, coffeehouse & shop with decor & gifts." Perfect photo op for you and your lover!

3. Sunsets

No matter where you're watching this spectacular from, a sunset is always a romantic date.

4. Silver Moon Drive-in Theater

Love going to the movies but hate trying to snuggle in move theater seats? This Lakeland theater offers movies under the stars seven days a week! You can find a showtime for all the newest films between 8:15 p.m. and 10:45 p.m. Bring your own snacks or choose from their menu, ranging from breakfast sandwiches to a classic popcorn!

5. Arcade

If you're interested in booze or throwback games, check out one of the many arcades in the Tampa Bay! Lowry Parcade and Tavern offers classic games and craft beer. The Replay Museum in Tarpon Springs is "a museum of over 100 pinball games, video games and other amusements from the past." Thirteen dollars lets you play for the day!

6. Find Affordable Deals on Groupon

Groupon.com is the best resource for unique activities in the Tampa Bay. We've been able to score $40 of Indian food for $12 and admission for two at the Can You Escape for $37.

7. Bayshore Boulevard

Calling all bikers, joggers and bladers! At 4.5 miles, Tampa's Bayshore Boulevard is actually one of the world's longest continuous sidewalks! Check out this world-famous sidewalk for a morning run or evening stroll.

8. The Sponge Docks

Tarpon Springs is known for having the highest population of Greek Americans of any United States city. Whether you're looking for a plethora of authentic greek food, a new bath sponge or a mom and pop bakery, Tarpon has it all. Make sure to stay for a cigar at sunset!

9. Indoor Rock Climbing

Tampa's Vertical Ventures is likely the largest indoor rock climbing facility in the Tampa Bay. You can opt for a monthly pass or daily access for as low as $7! For a less advanced climb, the YMCA of Greater Saint Petersburg offers a $5 fee for non-members.

10. Hamburger Mary's

This dining experience is a one-of-a-kind where "diner classics and cocktails meet quirky entertainment." The chain's daily entertainment claims to be family friendly, although later shows might be best for mature eyes and ears only. Locations can conveniently be found in Ybor, Brandon, Saint Petersburg and Clearwater.

11. Riverwalk

Tampa's Riverwalk is 2.4 miles of walkable or bikeable relaxation. In the early morning can join joggers or sunrise yoga classes in the park. At night, music plays as you bumble through shops and restaurants. Ulele is, debatably, one of the best dining in Tampa. This notable restaurant is found in a remodeled Tampa Heights Water Works building and his home to many famous pieces of artwork.

12. Saturday Morning Market

Head down to the Saint Petersburg Water front for their Saturday morning market. This dog-friendly event is great for browsing decor, listening to live music, tasting unique cheese, buying produce or hitting the food trucks, all local to the Tampa Bay!

13. Brunch

Mimosas anyone? If you're into brunch, Tampa's got a spot for you. On Sundays, Ybor's Gaspar's Grotto offers a full buffet on their outdoor patio. Datz is a classic "American gastropub providing updated comfort food & craft brews, plus gourmet groceries." Carmel Kitchen's menu will make you and your partner salivate just by looking! They offer bottomless mimosas at some locations throughout Countryside, South Tampa and Carrollwood.

14. You Do The Dishes

This studio offers creative vibes and tea, coffee or snacks to anyone looking to paint, read or create a masterpiece. Daily specials like $6 college Thursday and $6 senior Wednesday allow you to paint your own piece of pottery for a flat rate!

15. Weeki Wachee

This state park offers mermaid shows, diving, kayaking and boat cruises. Now open: Buccaneer Bay waterpark! Grab those bikinis ladies!

16. Dunedin Causeway

This causeway to Honeymoon island is a popular spot for fishing, biking, longboarding, tanning, kayaking and sailing. Park in the grass and enjoy some low-budget fun!

17. Fourth Friday

Every fourth Friday 5pm-8pm, downtown Tampa offers an abundance of free activities and access to local attractions! There are often drinks, music, free admission to museums and much more.

18. Manatee Viewing Center

During the winter months, manatees seek warmth near the shore of Tampa Bay's power plant. From the observation platform, you can often see dozens of warm manatees swimming below!

19. Yuengling Brewing Co

This Tampa brewery offers free tours daily. Don't worry, samples are included!

20. Camping

Disappear for the weekend into one of the oldest state parks, the Hillsborough River State Park, located only 9 miles from Tampa. The park offers primitive camping available 1.5 from the trailhead. Nothing like camping under the stars!

21. Flicks and Food Trucks

The third Thursday of each month, this unique event is held The Grand Central at Kennedy. Make a date out of tasting some of the many food trucks and craft beers. After you've eaten, make sure to check out the live music and outdoor movie.

22. Lettuce Lake Park

If you're looking to get out of the bustle of city life, Lettuce Late Park is only a short drive away from serenity. You can chose to bike or walk miles of paths or grill hot dogs by the Hillsborough River. Admission to the park is merely $2!

23. Picnic

This classic date idea has definitely found itself underrated in the fast pace lives of millennials. Make lunch, grab sandwiches, bring a bottle of wine or pack lemonade, depending on your mood. Lay a blanket in your front yard or head to your favorite park. Your significant other is bound to love this intimate change of pace.

24. Comedy Show

Tampa is home to an array of venues for a night of laughter. Groupon often offers specials for dinner or drinks! The most well-known is likely the Tampa Improv in Ybor City, offering shows both 18+ and 21+.

25. Special Events

If you're interested in finding new events every week, the Tampa Bay Times offers an extensive list of all the happenings around the Tampa Bay area.

26. Florida Botanical Gardens

This "urban oasis" is open year around and offers free admission! Bring your babe and check out the thirteen different gardens this Largo attraction has to offer.

27. Lowry Park Zoo

Penguins, panthers and pythons- the Lowry Park Zoo has it all! Buy a one day pass or opt for the CityPASS and you can visit Tampa's Lowry Park Zoo, Busch Gardens Tampa, The Florida and Clearwater Aquariums, Museum of Science & Industry and Chihuly for only $100!

28. Hookah

Maybe you feel like trying something new or picking up an old hobby. In either case, take your significant other and venture into your local hookah bar. Some have live music, alcohol and even food! Hookah typically ranges from $10-$25 a person. Since hookah has become increasingly popular, it's a guarantee that there's one close to you!

29. Tampa Theatre

Travel back in time as you enter this Mediterranean Revival styled theater. Grab a glass of wine and sit under the stars- yes the stars- to enjoy your film.

30. Wat Mongkolrata Temple

"Thai Temple" is known for their Sunday morning market held every week from 8:30am-2:30pm. Come for lunch by the water or bring home dinner for the week! Although admission is free and food is affordably priced, parking can be difficult.

Happy adventuring!