TOP 3 WAYS TO MAKE MONEY THIS SUMMER BREAK!

Simple ways to make money this summer break, espically if you are a high schooler or above!

106

Operate a Lemonade Stand

Like many other neighborhoods, including mine, they include a public pool in which all of the community uses. Usually, on a hot day after all of the swimming, many crave a cool drink. What's better than a lemonade stand? Opening a stand at your local community pool, will allow you to make many easier, especially if you live in a neighborhood with a large population. Lemonade does not necessarily need to be home made, it can be bought at a local store and be sold to the thirsty pool goers. The price of the lemonade is up to your discretion, it is recommended that there should be a set goal for each day that you decide to sell. This makes sure that you become profitable when you sell the lemonade and not constantly lose money buying more lemonade because the past ones have expired.

Lawn mowing

Another simple way to make money this summer is by lawn mowing. Mowing other people's lawn allows you to gain experience on how to maintain a lawn. Granted that it is expensive for you to buy a lawn mower, asking a friendly neighbor can easily help you solve that problem (They could be your first customer!!!). Keeping in mind of you skill level, the rate you charge your clients may vary. You should keep in mind that there are professionals who are excellent in their job, but they usually charge very high prices for their services. This is where you have an edge, even though you may not have as much experience as them, you are able to have low and flexible prices. This is mainly because lawn mowing is not your profession. It is not your main source of income for your well being. Charging your clients as much as $15-$20 for each lawn, should satisfy their needs. Considering that the pro's charge around $70-$90. Gathering some friends might also make the job easier, and enjoyable as well.

Become a life guard

Becoming a lifeguard is a job in which is simple as well as important at the same time. Before, going deeper into this job keep in mind that most companies which hire life lifeguards have the age limit of at least 15 years and some even 18. Being a lifeguard is a simple job, if you know what you are doing. You will need to sacrifice at least 5 hours of you day to become one. This includes training, orientation, and your daily shift. When you sign up to become a lifeguard, you should consider the following things:

• You should be patient and couragous
  • You should be willing to sacrifice your time
  • You should be dedicated to your job and not slack off

These are important skills, because most of the time as a lifeguard you just sit on your chair and watch others swim. This brings us to the first point, being patient and courageous. Being a lifeguard is not always about jumping into pools and saving drowning people, it is about making sure that people do not "Horseplay" or any other dangerous activities in/outside the pool. When a situation does occur, you should not become nervous instead you should be able to asses the situation and perform the appropriate task. Becoming a lifeguard and being one take some serious dedication of time. Approximately 5 hours each day should be set-aside for the job. This dedication pays off, due to the amount of pay that you recieve. A lifeguard approximately makes $9 per hour, and can increase up to $12 per hour.