The 3 Best Julia Stiles Movies

The 3 Best Julia Stiles Movies

Romance, drama, and maybe death? Probably a Julia Stiles movie.

655
The 3 Best Julia Stiles Movies
IMDB

Everyone loves a good love story with a little drama. Amirite? Well, one of my favorite actresses is Julia Stiles. She has so many great movies and naming them would take a millennium, but here are 3 of the best Julia Stiles movies.

1. Save the Last Dance (PG-13)

So if you've never seen this movie, I suggest you stop whatever you're doing and go to Netflix and watch it! You won't regret it. "Save the Last Dance'' in a nutshell is about a girl - Sara (played by Stiles) - who loves dancing but is no longer doing it because she thinks it's the reason behind her mother's death. After her mom dies she moves in with her dad and begins a new school and, of course, meets a boy. I know cliché right? Well, that doesn't matter. The boy she meets-Derek- just happens to love dance just as much as she does, but there's just one 'catch'... he's African American. In this movie, they are having to face judgment and hardships that deal with being an interracial couple, but they face other difficulties as well because of Derek's past. Watch a clip of one of my favorite scenes below where Derek and Sara are having their first dance lesson and their relationship blossoms.

2. 10 Things I Hate About You (PG-13)

Once again we meet Stiles as a not so friendly girl named Kat. Kat has a sister who literally can't do anything unless Kat does. Basically, the ever-so-handsome Patrick Verona - played by the man himself, Heath Ledger - swoops in (under commission) and is her love connection in this film. In the end, all is well for Kat and Pat and they, in the end, don't kill each other. This film is a must see! If you love a good classic film with romance and a little drama, this is the movie for you. Watch Kat read a poem about how much Patrick affected her in the clip below (brb, crying).

3. "O" (rated R)

This film is a little more violent than the others listed. It's a modern day version of "Othello" turned into a basketball court, high school brawl. Stiles plays a girl named Desi who falls in love with an African American guy, Odin. Desi and Odin are always together and happy until Odin's "best friend" intervenes. His friend, Hugo, has this major crush on Desi and is very jealous of Odin. Hugo tells Odin that Desi is cheating on him and long story short, Odin believes him and things go very, very wrong. You'll just have to watch to find out all the juicy details. Check out the official trailer below.

I hope you enjoyed this little preview into three Julia Stiles films. Now go watch them!