Top 20 Songs From The O.C.

Top 20 Songs From The O.C.

California here we come...right back where we started from

1023
Top 20 Songs From The O.C.

Serious spoilers ahead.

The O.C. was an iconic show in the early 2000’s that "basics" everywhere loved. It wasn’t just the insane drama that kept viewers interested, the music selection of this show was on point. Each song allowed viewers to feel as though they were a part of the drama. Below is a list of songs my sister and I believe to be the songs that truly made the show amazing.

1. Ha llelujah

RIP Marissa. This song appears three times by Jeff Buckley, and once again by Imogen Heap― often times at some of the most crucial moments in the series. Jeff Buckley Version: Imogen Heap Version:

2. Into Dust - Mazzy Stars

Ryan Atwood has a habit of saving the women in his life, and this song plays twice when he comes to Marissa’s aid. So Ryan can you carry me?

3. California- Phantom Planet

It is impossible for me to watch the show without belting out the theme song, but it is also used throughout the show at amazing moments: the opening credits of the pilot and when Ryan punches Dean Hess at the Carnival in season three. Original : 2005 Version:

4. Paint the Silence- South

My personal favorite song and what I consider to be Ryan and Marissa’s song due to it playing during their first kiss and a flash back in season three after they broke up #somanyfeels

5. Champagne Supernova- Matt Pond PA

Seth dressed as spider man + the rain = #goals.

6. We Used to be Friends- Dandy Warhols

One of my favorite puns from the series. After being rejected by both Anna and Summer, Seth avoids school, but Ryan calls him out.

Ryan: Maybe you have the Summer flue, and need some Annabiotics

7. Hide and Seek- Imogen Heap

At the time this song was serious, then SNL had to go and do this: Imogen Heap:

8. Dice- Finely Quaye

Ryan come find me at midnight.

9. Rain City- Turin Brakes

This song is playing in the background when Kristen officially accepts Ryan as a part of the family. Why can’t we all be Cohen’s?

10. Maybe this Christmas - Ron Sexsmith

Marissa why’d you have ruin the moment by shoplifting?

11. Anything and everything by Alexi Murdoch

When Ryan returns after visiting his brother in jail for the first time, Ryan talking with Julie about Marissa, really anytime Alexi Murdoch plays. Watch the videos and you’ll be sold. Orange Sky: Blue Mind: All My Days:

12. Fix You- ColdPlay

This song is playing when Summer wins formal queen, Zack isn’t there to be her King, so Seth nobly takes his place. “She’s Queen so I guess that makes me King. No? Ok”

13. I’m Shaking - Rooney

The whole group goes to a concert at the bait shop and Ryan see’s the first signs of Oliver as a total psycho

14. Smile Like You Mean it

This song always puts me in a good mood, and plays when the gang hangs out at the bait shop.

Killers Version: Tally Hall Version:

15. Honey and the Moon - Joseph Arthur

That iconic scene where Ryan leaves and sees Marissa in the rear view mirror.

16. Soul Meets Body- Death Cab for Cutie

The O.C. played a great role in popularizing Death Cab for Cutie thanks to Seth’s obsession with the band.

17. Wonderwall- Ryan Adams

Seth: I'm sweeping you off your feet.

Summer: The sad part is you actually are.

#goals

18. Forever Young- Youth Group

Technically Ryan and Marissa’s song, they let the radio decide a rap song comes on first but after fiddling with the station they land on this song.

19. Something Pretty - Patrick Park

This scene shows Seth at his bravest, standing on a coffee cart declaring his love for Summer.

*Bonus: For those who watch Rachel Bilson’s current show, Hart of Dixie, the actor who plays Wade is working the Kissing booth with Summer.

20. Speeding Cars

I wish they played this at my graduation instead of "Graduation" by Vitamin C.

Honorable Mention: Maybe I’m Amazed

While I personally don’t like this song the wedding of Julie Cooper Nicholl and Caleb Nicholl is the biggest merger in all of Orange County.

Not only was The O.C. a transcending show for millennials, but it introduced us to some of the greatest songs.