Top 10 Horror/Halloween Themed Movies | The Odyssey Online

Top 10 Horror/Halloween Themed Movies

My top 10 favorite movies to associate with the month of october

190
Top 10 Horror/Halloween Themed Movies
Play Buzz

October is known for the exciting holiday that happens at the end of the month because Halloween falls in October, it officially becomes the horror movie all day every day month. Many channels on TV play horror movies all day. Netflix and other online streaming sites show new and old classics just for the month. No matter where you are, there is at least one way to get your hands on horror movies. Here are (in my opinion) the top 10 classic horror/Halloween themed movies/series.

10. Children of the Corn

A classic played at least once every October features a large group of kids who do not like intruders in their town. This early 80's movie gave us the Halloween feel seeing the setting of an old abandoned town and huge cornfield.

9. Friday the 13th

These movies have been popular since the beginning of time it seems like. There are so many slasher movies out there but we can never get enough. This series features Jason who throughout the series kills many people after growing up being made fun of and then drowning because his camp counselors weren't watching him. These movies where his revenge.

8. Scream

This series of movies released in the late 90's early 2000's featuring a town dealing with reoccurring murders each time. Fans love these movies the most because even though there are quite a few the characters from the original were kept the same throughout the years. Each movie revolved around 1 main character dealing with a secret slasher who tortured her by killing off almost everyone around her.

7. Halloween

Yet another slasher series! Here our slasher, Michael Myers becomes a murderer after killing most of his family and being locked away for some years. In the movies, only one man, Michaels therapist seems to be able to get through to Michael when he goes violent. The purpose behind these movies is for Myers to find and kill his only remaining sister...

6. Twitches

A favorite Disney channel original features twin sisters who are born which magical powers, we would call them witches. The sisters were given up for adoption by their real mother to keep them from danger and are now living in the mortal world trying to grow up normally as well as learn everything about their powers.

5. Saw

This series of 8 movies is unlike any of the rest. Here we have 1 murderer with a few helpers kidnapping individuals and putting them in traps that are near impossible to get out of. His reasoning is either these people have taken their lives for granted or have done something wrong to other people. Our main killer believes he is doing the rest of the world a favor.

4. Signs

A Mel Gibson classic set around a world invaded by aliens. Our main character, two kids, and brother watch the world around them go down hill as aliens start to kill and take over.

3. Nightmare on Elm St

An oldie but a favorite! Wes Craven's famous series involving Freddy a burned supposed child rapist comes to take his victims in their dreams. There's nothing better than the old "one-two, Freddy's coming for you."

2. Halloweentown

Another Disney Channel classic. These movies have been around since I was really little. They center around a single mom with three kids who live in the mortal world. Their grandmother, though, is a well-known witch in the world on the other side of the portal called Halloweentown. Are the kids and mother witches and warlocks too?

1. Hocus Pocus

Last but not least, my all time favorite Halloween themed movie! It may not be horror but I have watched it a million times since I was a little girl and it was the first movie I ever related Halloween with. Here we follow a young boy and his sister who accidently bring back the Sanderson sisters, who are three witches from the Salem Witch Trials decades ago. The sisters bring terror to the town and it is Max's job to stop them.

Horror movies although scary are the best. Only one month out of the year is really dedicated to them but that makes watching them all the more worth wild!