10 Most Annoying Overwatch Characters (Part 1) | The Odyssey Online

10 Most Annoying Overwatch Characters (Part 1)

Part 1 of 2

92
Blizzard / Youtube

Anyone who’s played Overwatch (and at this point, it seems like everyone) knows that some of the characters are… well… frankly, just more annoying. They make your heart sink when you see them charging towards you. So I did a LOT of meticulous research, most of which was just playing the game and getting infuriated. I sank a lot of playtime into this game in the last two weeks, and came up with the definitive ranking, in order, of the top 10 most annoying Overwatch characters.

10) Junkrat

Those traps. Those grenades. Dear lord, Junkrat is a hassle. Is there anything worse than sprinting towards the point, only to have a trap close on your foot as you wait for your inevitable death? Yes, there is… and it’s when you taste the sweet triumph of killing this bastard, only to be killed from beyond the grave as the ‘nades he drops from his demise explode.

9) Hanzo

Here’s the thing about Hanzo. He’s either terrible or amazing… which only serves to make him even more annoying. I dread seeing someone on my team choose him, because they just fuck around and are only helpful when they have their ultimate. I’m fairly certain that the only time I’ve ever seen Hanzo kill someone is when they were on the other team. Ugh.

8) Ana

The moment of sheer terror when you can’t heal anymore… fuck you, Ana. You see the blue arrows raining down on your screen and you have two options: cower in the corner and try and wait it out, or run around like a headless chicken and try and wait it out. And even if she doesn’t hit you with that bullshit, it’s terrifying to turn a corner and see some McCree or Soldier:76 or honestly ANYONE glowing like the god damn Hulk after she powers them up.

7) Tracer

Tracer is like a fly. She buzzes around, and doesn’t do a lot of damage, but no matter how much you swing at it, you just can’t make contact. And every time you think you got it, you lift your hand, and somehow it STILL manages to fly away. And those compound eyes are so gross! I… this metaphor may have gotten away from me at some point.

6) Genji

A terrible combination of Hanzo and Tracer. The shuriken do almost nothing, but when you turn around to defend yourself… gone. Almost like he’s a ninja or something. And don’t get me started on the reflect skill. This might (read: definitely is) be more of a reflection (pun intended) of my skills, but he always gets me. And even when I notice in time, there’s 2 full seconds of just trying to keep him in sight as he runs around whipping his sword around like he’s the guy in Raiders of the Lost Ark, and all I want is to be Indiana Jones and shoot him.

And these are just the mild annoyances! Check out part two, in which we take a look at the characters that can really make you want to hurl your controller across the room and accidentally scare your cat!

P.S. Sorry for scaring you, Stevie.