Tomi Lahren, Stop Misinforming Your Audience | The Odyssey Online
Politics

Tomi Lahren, Stop Misinforming Your Audience

Tomi Lahren must stop misinforming her audience.

33

Nothing infurates me more than seeing a Tomi Lahren video pop up on my newsfeed. However, we all cant help but to hear her scream, shoving her beliefs down our throats, and insisting she and the rest of the Republican party are correct. I simply watch her videos for amusement and find myself laughing at what she says. I acknowledge that we are all hypocrites to an extent, however, she brings it to a whole new level. Her facebook cover photo is as quoted, "whether you love what I'm saying or hate what i'm saying, you're having a reaction to it, and that is exactly what needs to happen in this country". While I agree with this, it seems as if she doesnt. All of her videos are hateful towards those who are against her, while she praises those who love her. Lahren is very smart, shes not stupid, however, she needs to open her eyes and stop sounding so ridiculous and misinforming her audience. While I can go on with this, ill keep it to a minimum.

The Argument that celebreties should not be involved in politics.

This is great and goes back to my point on being a hypocrite. She hated Meryl Streep for voicing her opinion of Trump at the Oscars and claims that Lady Gaga did a great job sticking to entertaining at the Super Bowl half time show(failing to grasp the political message). Lahren continues to talk trash about Katy Perry and Beyoncé for being Hillary supporters.

Lets not forget about Joy Villa's MAGA dress that she wore to the Grammy's. Lahren says it was a beautiful dress saluting the President.Villa had every right to wear that dress, she was stating her opinion. But because she was a supporting a nan that she supports and shared the same views its okay. Lahren once again praises her fellow Republican claiming that its different from Streep. Tomi says that the conservative Hollywood Elite has to stay quite, but once again shes wrong! Clint Eastwood is very open about his conservative views by saying it was time a businessman takes office. Perhaps Tomi is so busy bashing the "snowflakes" that she fails to recognize that the man she supports is a celebrity!

Her definition of Freedom of Press.

Something that her and other Republicans fail to grasp. Hasan Piker, the host and producer of The Young Turks Network does a beautiful job explaining this. We have all heard about Trumps made up terror attack that occurred in Sweden. Tomi claims that a photographer was trying to document the attack but was beaten up therefore was an assault to the press. Lets open up our books Tomi! Freedom of Press has to do with the GOVERNMENT intervening with the press. What Tomi failed to realize was that it was citizens that pushed and kicked the photographer. Don't get me wrong, I am against that kind of behavior or any kind of violence for that matter, but it is invalid to draw that kind of connection and you're just misinforming your audience. However, lets give her some credit because there is someone in our government that does interfere with the Free Press by constantly eroding them, by announcing them as "The Enemy of all Americans"

Let that sink in... moving on.

Tomi forgetting that the Republicans are doing much worse than the Democrats.

This will be my last point because I can do this with every Tomi Lauren video created and I'm sure I can write a novel with it. In one of her videos, she claims that the left is is failing, saying it's sad. Whats sad is Trump is moving this country into a dictatorship. What's sad is that we have a president that thinks its okay to grab women inappropriately, is racist towards latinos and muslims, and of course, has close relations with Russia.. back to my point. Tomi claiming that protests doesn't do anything.. once again she's wrong! Protests did accomplish something such as halting the Muslim ban, not once, but twice! Democrats are listening and attempting to block Trump's terrible choice of white billionaires as cabinet members. We as americans should not be sitting and letting Trump do what he wants. Thats not democracy. Republicans talked trashed about the Obama administration even when it was to their benefit! For example the Affordable Care Act. Which now we can thank the Trump Administration for taking away health care to those who need it. Yes, the Democrats are not in a good place right now for losing the House, Senate, and the election, yet Trump and the Republicans are still losing. Trump was so mad at Clinton for her email scandal yet I don't hear Republicans or Tomi talking about Pence's private email for state business. So much for Trump caring about National Security! And must we not forget about the US Office of Government Ethics wanting to investigate Kellyanne Conway for promoting Ivanka Trumps fashion line. The best part would have to be Michael Flynns resignation (Trumps National Security advisor) for violating the Logan Act for having conversations with Russia regarding the United States before Trump even took office. How's that for National Security Trump!

And those are my final thoughts.