To The Insecure Girl, You Are Amazing

To The Insecure Girl, You Are Amazing

When you are experiencing self-doubt, or low self esteem, optimism and positivity is the key.

20
To The Insecure Girl, You Are Amazing
Amber Williams

If there is one thing I know, it's that heartbreak is never an easy thing to overcome. Everyone I know has insecurities due to a painful childhood, losing people, bad relationships, or even a life-altering scenario.

The hardest thing about insecurities is that they stay alive in your head. That is the one place they are the most dangerous. Insecurities can cause you to doubt yourself, overthink, and even push people away even when it's the last thing you want to do.

You might think that it's something you can control, but that simply isn't true. Being hurt in the past can take a serious toll on you, emotionally. It doesn't matter how small or big the issue was or is. The hardest thing is letting go completely and allowing yourself to be happy. This is something I am currently dealing with. When you are experiencing self-doubt, or low self esteem, optimism and positivity is the key.

There are a few things that I have noticed that seem to help when experiencing any type of insecurities.

First, when you have someone who genuinely cares, don't shut them out of your feelings. Talking about it doesn't make you weak or crazy. Believe it or not, it helps. If you are like me and suffer from mental illnesses due to the things you have experienced in life, not talking about your feeling will only make things worse. If they are encouraging you to talk to them about whatever it may be, it's because they care and want to help you.

Second, the power to let go of what was is extremely difficult and the power to accept the present for what it actually is, is something even more difficult. Letting go of something is not forgetting, or pretending it never happened. It simply gives you the power to know that you were strong enough to get through it, and in the end, be passed it. The best thing to do is to use the bad experiences and hurt as a tool. Let it empower you to be stronger, smarter, and better for the future.

I have been through my fair share of hurt in the past. I've dealt with loss of loved ones, domestically abusive relationships, a rocky marriage, and many life-altering scenarios which have effected me in good and bad ways. The one thing I have learned through time, and through the help of a wonderful man, is that closing off and pushing away will only make things worse. He has more faith in me then I have in myself. That may seem like a terrible thing, and depending on how you look at it, I guess it is.

However, the important part is that the faith and confidence he has in me encourages me to at least try to see myself the way he does.

When we have so many insecurities, the one person who is meant to help you bounce back, and become yourself will appear when you least expect it. However, if you aren't ready to be past the past, it won't do any good. I am fortunate that he came into my life at exactly the right time.

He encourages me everyday, and understands that bad days happen. It doesn't make him want to be around any less, and believe it or not, all the hurt you go through makes you more the person that you are today. When I feel down about myself, he always finds a way to bring me back up.

If you have someone like this, don't push them away because you're scared, or feel that you don't deserve it. You are beautiful, wonderful, and you deserve everything even if you feel that you don't.

So, even if you don't believe it, one day someone will help you see the truth. You made it through all the hardships, and you are still here. Rise above the pain, and remember: you are amazing!