21 Proven Tips to Increase Your Adsense Revenue

All the people who want to increase their AdSense revenue, I created this resource that contains 21 tips and experiments to increase AdSense revenue prominently.

46

Google's advertising platform AdSense is one of the widely used and most effective ad networks in all over the world. It's the primary choice of majority of bloggers around the globe. However, there are lots of AdSense alternatives but not as effective as AdSense.

AdSense is very effective and revolutionary ad network for bloggers and professions to make money online. However, many bloggers are facing difficulty to earn appropriate revenue from AdSense due several reasons like misplacement of ads etc.

Therefore, for all the people who want to increase their AdSense revenue, I created this resource that contains 21 tips and experiments to increase AdSense revenue prominently.

Whether you're a beginner or an old publisher, the following tips and experimental ideas will surely help you maximize your Google AdSense revenue.

Some of these tips might be simple or common for many publishers but if you try and apply them, it will surely feel an instant boost in your AdSense earnings. So, have a look on these outstanding ways to make more out of your blog:

1. Put Maximum Ad Units

Google AdSense lets you put the maximum of 3 ad units on single page. So, it's always to clever idea to take the advantage of maximum number of ad units. All of your web pages should have 3 ad units of AdSense.

2. Don't Forget to Use Link Units

Adding link units to your blog may also have a great boost in your earnings. I saw many blogs using link units cleverly on their blogs and getting enough clicks and revenue from them.

For your information, 3 link units of AdSense are allowed along with 3 ad units. So, you should take the advantage by maxing out.

3. Use Responsive Ad Units

Is your website responsive or mobile friendly? If not, you would know that responsiveness of a website is one of the most important ranking factors of Google. So, it is now a very must thing to have your website mobile-friendly. And for mobile-friendly website you should opt for responsive ad units only. So, try using as more as possible responsive ad units.

4. Always Allow Text & Display for Ad Units

It is one of the important choices in AdSense that may affect your revenue. In fact, whenever you create a new AdSense ad unit, it will ask you restrict that ad for "Display Only" or allow both "Text & Display". So, I would like to recommend all the publishers to allow both text & images for your AdSense ad units for extra CTR and revenue.

5. Place Ad Units Above the Fold

The higher the position of your ad unites are, the more they will be viewed. As a result, they will be clicked and providing more revenue eventually.

6. Check Your AdSense Scoreboard

Inside AdSense dashboard, partners can see a scoreboard about the site health and revenue optimization. This tool is just awesome that tells you the highest possible score for your site health and revenue optimization on your site.

7. Replace Your 300×250 With a 300×600 or 336×280

There are many benefits and importance of placing a bigger ad unit rather than small in size. Larger size allows you to run more compelling ads with better calls-to-action (which hopefully translate into higher click rates).

8. Change the Colors of Ad Units to Match with Your Site Design

I know it's a very common idea but very effective too. I don't wanna miss any single effective idea even if it is the simplest one and that's why I mentioned it too. So, change the colors of your AdSense ad units to match with the design or theme of your website. It will increase the chance of maximum number of impressions and clicks.

9. Try combination of colors just opposite to your web design

You must be thinking that why am I suggesting opposite of what I said in above line. This is because if 7th experiment is being helpful for your case, you should try to use any ugly combination of colors to make it look different from others. It sometimes leaves miraculous effect on your AdSense earning.

10. Put a Link Unit Under your Navigation (Menu) Bar

This is like a magical trick to immediately boost the revenue. The link unit below menu bar will be clicked more than other locations and so the revenue from them will be high. One more thing is that keep the color of link units same as the color of your blog links for more clicks.

11. Insert Banner Ads Between Paragraphs

It's another a tricky but simple method for a quick boost in clicks on your ads. Most of the people place ads below the title of post and after the post, it's nice but it's also good to experiment ads between paragraphs.

12. Keep Your Leaderboard Below Header or Menu Bar

Most of the websites I saw in which they are placed the banner above header but actually it's not a clever placement of ad. This is because whenever somebody visit on your website will scroll down the page to view the content and the leaderboard placed on the top will be escaped from user's eyes.

13. Place Your 300×250 Banner on the Top of the Sidebar

Most of you would be using a banner 300×250 in your sidebar but it will be more effective if you put it on the top of the sidebar. Many times I tried this experiment and had a great boost in earnings.

14. Put Ads in the Comment Section

However, the comment section of a website is absolutely below the fold but still receives the high rate of user engagement. That's why I suggest users to try ads in comment section and measure the effect.

15. Make Sidebar or Header Ad Floating with Page Scroll

It's another important tip to increase your AdSense ads revenue because by applying this experiment your ads will be omnipresent and so the impressions and clicks will also increase.

16. Use Asynchronous Ad Codes

Asynchronous ad codes neither depend of your website loading speed nor affect the loading speed. In fact, the asynchronous AdSense ads and the rest of your site content load separately; this is an easy technical fix that will improve user experience and ad click rates.

17. Supplement AdSense With Alternatives like Media.net

It's a very common thinking that the revenue can be increased by supplementing AdSense with other ad networks like Media.net, BuySellAds etc. But do remember that not all the AdSense alternatives can run together with AdSense. So, be careful before running any additional ad network with AdSense.

18. Place Display Ads on Your Website Header

I tested it only own blogs by placing display ads on the header of website. If you place a text only ad on header people might ignore and scroll down the page but on seeing a display ad, the user might a sight or even click on that, as you know that every human has a great visual ability to see charts, patterns and images more quickly as compared to text.

19. Take Ideas from Top Bloggers

There are thousands of bloggers around us earning high revenue using AdSense ads and one the best example is Amit Agrawal who earn thousands of dollars from AdSense. He's running Digital Inspiration (a technology blog). There are lots of inspirations among us to consider and take innovative ideas for the ad placement.

20. Bookmark and Join the Newsletters and Forums Related to AdSense

If you're making money with AdSense or any ad network, you should keep stay updated about what's going on with the company! Not only thing, if you bookmark and join the forums and newsletters related to AdSense, you will get access to lots of useful stuff that will help you boost your earnings.

21. Always Be Familiar with Google AdSense Experiments

It's very easy to run A/B experiments with AdSense. Therefore, you should keep trying different experiments of ad units and ad placements because there's no sure that only one experiment will perform better all the times.

More Stuff to Read

Other than these 21 ways and experiments, there are various AdSense tips, tricks and experiments you can apply on your website. Just think out of box and take ideas from the highest AdSense earners.

I hope these tips and experiments will help you grow up your AdSense revenue. Share your AdSense magic trick so that the community can be benefited.