Why Living in the 1800's Would be Oh-So Much Better

952

Living in the twenty first century today, we are provided and easily given so many things. Most of us have our own beds, a house to live in, and food to eat. Almost every person also has access to numerous information and entertainment through cellular devices, computers, and televisions. Life in the 1800’s without these things seems like a far-distant world away…and not a very pleasant or good one. However, I have come to realize that living in the 1800’s would actually be a blessing and surprisingly not a curse! Here are the reasons why.

1. The Dating Game is No More.

Marriages were definitely more black and white in the 1800's. Instead of love, a marriage was mostly centered around the joining of businesses, wealth, and families, and could possibly be arranged. AKA...no dating, no drama, no nothin'! You'd get your husband and that's that. Ahh, simpler times. Also, Tinder or sketchy dating websites wouldn't be available obviously...so there'd be no worries about being catfished.

2. Organic Food Galore.

During the 1800's, what you ate came from either what you grew yourself or you killed. It's likely that you had a farm, or at least a small vegetable patch. So your whole family would essentially be on an all organic-food diet, without even trying! Much health.

3. Rockin' Bods.

In addition to having a very healthy diet, you'd probably have a super fit bod. This is because unless you had a horse-drawn buggy or a newly invented car, you would need to walk everywhere you needed to go. Walking the plains definitely has its benefits.

4. World-Class Travelers.

There is a high chance that your family in the 1800's were Pioneers. Some could have traveled within the U.S., but many pioneers came from foreign countries as well! If you were one of them, you could consider yourself a renowned world traveler. After all, no one could have seen the world like you did.

5. School's Out.

Kids in the 1800's of all ages were taught in a single schoolhouse with one teacher. It was also only expected for kids to attend school until the age of 14 or 15. Finishing school at 15?? I'd be down with that.

6. Becoming One with the Animals.

Farm animals were everywhere in this century. On the streets, around town, and likely at your very own home. Being constantly surrounded by so many animals, there would be no possible way not to love them all. One might even be considered 'one of the herd' or learn the animals' language. You never know.

7. A Life-Long Camping Trip.

Houses in the 1800's were mostly built out of wood, lumber, and stone. (Remember Lincoln Logs?) Sure, it might get cold at night...but life for the average person would literally be like a life-long camping trip!! Oil lamps for light, fires for warmth, hot chocolate for drink, blankets for snuggling...Okay s'mores would probably not be an option though.

8. Cowboys. Everywhere.

Aren't cowboys such a fantasy of the past? Well not in this time period, that's for sure. On the frontier almost every guy would be a cowboy or young cowboy in training. Ahh, the good old days, when cowboys roamed the streets...

9. Saloons = Basically a Club.

If you're worried that you wouldn't have a chance to party in the 1800's, think again. Saloons were basically the equivalent to a club in those days, and there were plenty of them. So the partying could continue on.

10. The Founding Fathers.

Government in the 1800's was conducted by some of the first and greatest presidents of the history. George Washington, John Adams, Thomas Jefferson...all amazing leaders who gave us the freedom we have today. Let's just ponder on how we wouldn't need to decide between Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump at this time. If that isn't as much incentive to hop in a time machine right about now, I don't know what is.