13 Things To Do If You're Single On Valentine's Day | The Odyssey Online

13 Things To Do If You're Single On Valentine's Day

Throw an anti-Valentine's Day Party or eat some chocolate.

111
Shutterstock

I think that it's common knowledge that if you’re single in February, you hope that the calendar would skip from the 13th to the 15th. No one who doesn’t have a boyfriend or girlfriend wants to watch cute couples doing cute couple stuff. Then, as an added bonus, we get to see it all on Instagram and Facebook! So here are some ideas to make your Valentine’s Day without a significant other significant!

1. Go out with your friends.

Rename your day as “Pal-entine’s” or “Gal-entine’s” Day and have fun.

2. Go to the movies.

It doesn't have to be a love story.

3. Throw an anti-Valentine’s Day party.

Only invite the singles.

4. Indulge.

Go to the spa, a sports game or whatever else makes you happy.

5. Treat yourself.

Go shopping for a Valentine’s Day gift … for yourself!

6. Do “Secret Valentine” with your friends.

It’s like Secret Santa except in February!

7. Get together with your family.

Hopefully someone in your family is single or your parents can let you third-wheel.

8. Eat some chocolate.

Couples aren’t the only ones who can buy boxes of chocolate.

9. Show your love.

Text your friends, write a note to your mom or tell someone that you love them.

10. Give someone else some love.

Cook dinner for someone else, volunteer somewhere or donate.

11. Find something new to love.

Discover a new TV show, a new hobby, a new exercise method, a new food dish or a new outlook.

12. Go somewhere.

Go on a road trip either solo or with your friends.

13. Cry, but then get over it.

Sure, shed some tears that you’re single, watch some Netflix, sign up for eHarmony, but then remember that it isn’t the end of the world and that Valentine’s Day is just another day of the year.