Rise Up: A Shout Out To The World | The Odyssey Online

Rise Up: A Shout Out To The World

The things that matter

8
Rise Up: A Shout Out To The World
Tal Dyer

The world goes round and time never stops. It doesn’t stop for the hungry, for the oppressed, for the discriminated or for those suffering. In America for some reason we don’t think much about anyone else’s problems if there not ours. So when we think of the terrorist acts committed on the daily bases around the world. We don’t care. We don’t think about it. We don’t talk about it. That’s the problem.

The government wants that, they don’t want you to question. When you talk about things that matter when you hear something that is important it sparks a fire in you to know more, to do something. The government likes to put water on to this fire.

If the press won’t give the details, we have to. With every person added that knows the world starts to change. A news story mist told is an assault to all of us. The world is under to much to sit around talking about things that do not matter.

25 Things to inform yourself on that need to be spread:

1. Monsanto destroying seeds
  2. The USA committing terrorist acts in other countries that kill thousands
  3. Food Pesticides
  4. Processed meat
  5. Chicken farms
  6. North Korea is literally ‘1984’ by George Orwell
  7. Factory Labor in other countries cost as little as 32 cents
  8. Sex Trafficking
  9. Child Slavery
  10. Chocolate companies that steal children and force them to work (Nestle, Godiva)
  11. The national debt
  12. The USA spends millions of dollars everyday overseas in the conflict
  13. Why doesn’t everyone get healthcare?
  14. African countries engaged in civil wars that if one saw one would never be the same
  15. STOP calling “casualties of war” casualties. They are someone’s mother, sister, brother just because it didn’t happen to you doesn’t make it ok, wars are gruesome and people only loose
  16. After Stalin almost killed thousands of people in Ukraine by starving them, depriving them of shelter, and basically stripping them of human rights, Ukraine was promised it would never be invaded against its will again. Yet Putin is intent on getting it back whether they want it or not.
  17. Communism and its impacts/ the belief that it has never existed (read the communist manifesto and compare it to ‘communist countries’)
  18. Talk about modern art and how it reflects our society now a days.
  19. The oppressed.
  20. Women who are still not allowed an education on some parts of the world
  21. THE USA DESTROYS FOOD IN ORDER TO KEEP WORLD HUNGER SO THAT WARS CAN CONTINUE AND THE INDUSTRIS THAT BENEFIT FROM WAR CONTINUE (idk, look it up)
  22. Women being objectified because of their clothing
  23. Medical companies make you sick so that you have to buy their products
  24. The patriot act and how it has been used (Look it up before you defend it blindly)
  25. How the media is bought and distracts people from real issues

Stop being blind, stop being death, think, do not let society tell you what you think. Do not let them lead you away from what matters people! Rise up, when you’re living on your knees without knowing it, you have to rise up, live your life fighting for what’s right. Half of the things that are going on in Washington are wrong. So rise up. Speak, do not let them silence you.

The first step is to talk about it. So go into the world, history has its eyes on us.

"Raise a glass to freedom, something they can never take away no matter what they say" - Lin Miranda

"Rise, red as dawn" - Victoria Aveyard