22 Things You Don't Realize You Need For College

No one realizes how much they actually need.

1263

I promise you, you will forget everything you need. Don't be cocky. Listen to me and make sure you bring these things to college.

1. Forks and Knives

For when you don't wanna eat dorm food :)

2. Paper Towels

Necessary. So so necessary

3. Socks, So Many Socks

BUY IN BULK. BUY A JUMBO PACK. BUY SO MANY SOCKS.

4. Blow dryer

You are gonna hate it if you have to shower and go out in an hour and your hair is wet. But there's an easy fix. Bring a blow dryer.

5. Tan and Pale Makeup

Girls. Do this. You don't know when you are gonna be pale or tan. This fluctuates throughout the year. Take this suggestion if you don't take any of the others.

6. Pictures

Some people forget to bring a lot of these. But give yourself options, include a picture of everyone you love and put them everywhere for when you are feeling homesick and want to make your dorm look cute.

7. A Rug

This makes your room more comfy :)

8. Clorox Wipes

Disinfect that dorm from top to bottom when you move in. And many times throughout the year. It will help with not getting sick and you will feel much better about yourself.

9. Colored Pencils

For when your teacher decides he's teaching third graders and assigns you to draw or color something for a project.

10. A Calculator

I didn't bring this and to this day I use my friends every time I have a math test. Don't be this person, bring a calc.

11. Jergens

When you are pale, you are gonna want to be tan

12. Garbage Bags

These will come in handy in multiple situations. you have no idea how many people forget these.

13. A Keurig

Coffee in the morning is a godsend. If you're a coffee freak and too cheap to go to Starbucks or Espresso everyday, I recommend it. I buy coffee everyday, whoops.

14. Speakers

For when you are getting ready to go out. If you get ready in silence, you are really weird.

15. Paper Plates

Also for when you wanna order food instead of eating dorm food :)

16. Multiple Phone Chargers

Maybe your phone charger will stop working, maybe you need to keep one in your backpack in case your phone dies during the day. Bring back ups, you will loose it and wonder how in the world you lost a phone charger in the smallest room in the world. But you will loose it.

17. Benadryll/Advil

You hungover? Advil. You break out in a weird rash? Benadryl. You have a headache? Advil. You can't sleep? Benadryl.

18. NyQuil/DayQuil/All the Quil's

These will help you get through class when you think you are dying and just want to sleep for eternity. Otherwise you have to go buy them feeling miserable. Ugh.

19. Nail Polish

Maybe your bored and want something to do. Paint your nails. Maybe you have formal coming up and don't have time to go get a mani/pedi. Paint your nails yourself. Maybe you just failed a test. Paint your nails. Instant mood boost.

20. A shit ton of Hair ties

Girls, you will lose all your hair ties. I promise you. Buy in Bulk.

21. Tissues

You are gonna get sick. Don't think you aren't. Every college kid is sick for at least 3 months out of the school year. Tissues will help you.

22. Umbrella

It rains in most places. Don't be the person that shows up to your first college class soaking wet. I promise you it's not a good time. Also, check the weather everyday, it will come in handy.

Honestly, bring everything you can think of. If you don't use it you can always bring it home but if you need it at a certain moment, I guess Amazon can get it to you in a day, but still. Overpack people. But for sure don't forget these things, because I sure as hell did.