There Is A Such Thing As Line Etiquette | The Odyssey Online

There Is A Such Thing As Line Etiquette

When you find yourself in a line at a store, bank, etc., be mindful of how you are acting... PLEASE!

14
There Is A Such Thing As Line Etiquette

When I was younger, I remember my mom telling me that I shouldn't stand so close to the person in front of me in a line. She described it as being rude. I listened to her and followed what she said. As I grew older, I realized why she said it.

To me, in any line at any place, it is polite to give the person in front of you some space. Especially during the summer, a lot of people cannot stand a complete stranger all over them, breathing down their damn necks OK?! A lot of things are common sense, some may disagree with me but I feel that should be apart of the common sense pool. It's just, not respectful in my opinion.

For one thing, I have trust issues. We live in a time where scamming and robbery is very common. If you stand too close to me while I am making a monetary transaction, I automatically assume you don't have the best intentions. Sorry, not sorry. Are you trying to see my bank card? Are you trying to see my pin number? What exactly is your motive for standing too close? Also, some of you don't always smell the best. No shade.

I get it, some people really do not know. But I'd like to think you too would also like some space. Being super close to someone would prevent you from having it. What if I had to suddenly move back a little? Or made a hand/arm movent and accidentally hit you? Then I'd more than likely be accused of not being careful or paying attention. Think about that for a second.

I am not upset while writing this, believe it or not. HOWEVER, I would like to bring it to the world's attention. There is no logical reason to stand super close to someone in line. Be aware of your line etiquette people. Thanks.