The Top 15 Movie Posters Of The Last Decade

Taking a look at some of the most effective and brilliant theatrical posters since 2010.

477
pinimg.com

Movies are made with a lot of hard work, and a lot of cash. With hundreds of people putting in thousands of hours of work while spending millions of dollars, it's backbreaking work. Which is why it's so important that when the movie is done, it's marketed the best it possibly could- that's where the posters come in.

The movie poster is an art that goes back to the infancy of cinema, when movies were advertised just as they are now. The differences are few, and since the golden age of Hollywood, some of the most famous works of theatrical posters are today considered true works of art.

Here's a list of the top fifteen movie posters of the last decade, which will surely be remembered for years to come.

15. “Café Society”

This is Woody Allen's most recent piece, released in 2016. The movie takes place in the 30's, and follows a young writer, played by Jesse Eisenberg, who moves from New York to Los Angeles to pursue his writing career.

14. “Moonrise Kingdom”

This adorable tale from the mind of Wes Anderson tells the story of Sam Shakusky and Suzy Bishop, two adolescents who fall in love on the tiny island of New Penzance, somewhere off the coast of New England.

13. “The Nice Guys”

The movie that surprised everyone and no one. Shane Black's crime comedy stars Ryan Gosling and Russell Crowe as a private detective and a hired muscle, respectively. The two are led down a rabbit hole in 1970's Los Angeles, chasing information about a porn star, a mysterious film reel, and some woman named Amelia.

12. “Interstellar”

The one you still talk about, whether it's because you're still trying to figure it out, or you firmly believe it's just that good. Christopher Nolan's take on sci-fi brought audiences further than "Inception" ever did. It may not be a tale as old as time, but it will surely be remembered forever.

11. “Mad Max: Fury Road”

George Miller seems to have been put on earth for two things: "Happy Feet" (yes, that "Happy Feet"), and Mad Max. He's been responsible for all four installments of his Australian apocalyptic action-dramas, and all of them have been almost unanimously praised. And seriously, the guy who made "Fury Road" made "Happy Feet".

10. “Logan”

The Wolverine movie we've been waiting for. The Wolverine that Hugh Jackman deserved, and the one we needed. James Mangold may have had a rough start with the character in 2013's "The Wolverine", but the footing was secured with this 2017 masterpiece. It's the most entertaining thing that's graced screens this year, and if you haven't seen it already--do.

9. “The Revenant”

"AAAAAAARGH. GRRRAAAAAAAAHH. FFFRUUUUUUUUUUUGH."

-Three words to win an Oscar.

8. “Inside Llewyn Davis”

Often, when people think of the Coen Brothers, they immediately jump to flicks like "Fargo", "The Big Lebowski", and "No Country for Old Men". It's a shame that so rarely does a conversation about this movie occur. The Coen Brothers have just about created a new genre with "Inside Llewyn Davis", which serves as a testament to music, the 60's, and the filmmakers' obsession with Greek poetry.

7. “Midnight in Paris”

Just the most delightful movie of all time. It's on Netflix right now, go watch it. Seriously. Of any movie I've ever seen, this one is the most impossible to not like.

6. “The Wolf of Wall Street”

We all knew what we were getting into when we watched this movie, but we really didn't. Every scene has nudity, cocaine, or both, but it's the way this movie investigates money and corruption that really catches the eye.

5. “Inception”

Yeah, Leo's on here a few times. What do you want? He puts himself in great movies. Like this one, by Christopher Nolan; the movie which inspired a whole new generation of filmmakers.

4. “The Grand Budapest Hotel”

Where Wes Anderson's imagination really blew up. When you've seen all of his other works, you sort of feel like "The Grand Budapest Hotel" is a culmination of everything he's done. The color, the symmetry, and the humor all feel so storybook, and it's Anderson's signature style that drew praise from audiences and critics alike.

3. “The Hateful Eight”

Where Anderson has color schemes and symmetry, Tarantino has impending violence brought on by hilarious and brilliantly coordinated tension. And "The Hateful Eight" is no exception.

2. “The Social Network”

David Fincher knows how to shoot a movie. Aaron Sorkin knows how to write one. And here, for perhaps the first time, Jesse Eisenberg proved that he can perform like a mother-lover.

1. “Drive”

Anybody who thought "The Fast and The Furious" could have been more, was surely pleased with this underrated masterpiece. And jeez, look at that poster.