The teachings of Yeezus : A Newer Testament | The Odyssey Online

The teachings of Yeezus : A Newer Testament

7 ways Kanye can make you a better person.

22
https://www.flickr.com/photos/peterhutchins

We all search for ways to improve our lives and the lives of those around us. We look for advice from those who are not afraid to give us their real opinion, and whose drive drive leads them towards a better life. That's why it's time to give Kanye West a chance. He is not afraid to speak his mind, stands up for what he believes in and does everything with an undeniable passion. Who wouldn't want to live like that? Here are seven quotes (and how you can apply them) from the genius himself to help improve your self-confidence and live life to it's fullest potential.

"People always tell you, 'Be humble. Be humble.' When was the last time someone told you to be amazing? Be great! Be great! Be awesome! Be awesome!"

Lesson: We need to remember to be proud of our accomplishments and know how awesome we really are.

"Would you believe in what you believe in if you were the only one who believed it?"

Lesson: Sometimes the things you fight for may seem crazy to others but if you truly believe it you will fight with everything you have. Whether that be your relationship, your projects at work/school, religion, or if your friend's wife had the best video of all time.

"My greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live."

Lesson: What an interesting concept. Being so good at something and you can never see yourself perform at your highest level. We should all strive to be so great at something that we feel like Yeezy does.

"Don't be afraid to be wrong because you can't learn anything from a compliment."

Lesson: Even better advice than "Learning from your mistakes," this teaches you to not thrive on compliments but branch out and take chances.

"I would write 'creative genius' when I go through the airport. I would put that on customs where you put what your title is, except for two reasons: It takes too long to write and sometimes I spell the word 'genius' wrong."

Lesson: A little laziness and small mistakes don't make who you are. Knowing how great you are is what matters.

About Kim Kardashian: "Y'all are acting like this ain't the most beautiful woman of all time. Wait a second, wait a second- I'm talking about arguably of human existence. The top 10 of human existence."

Lesson: Who wouldn't want to feel this way about their partner? True love people.

"For me, first of all, dopeness is what I like the most. Dopeness. People who want to make things as dope as possible, and by default, make money for it."

Lesson: Replace dopeness with what you are truly passionate about and if you do that, the money will follow.

There you have it! Just some of the many things Yeezy has to teach us. Let alone all the great lines from songs. If this has helped you see what Kanye can do and you are now a fan; let me leave you with one last quote as you dive into more from Mr. West. "Go listen to my music. It's the code of self-esteem. It's the code of who you are. If you're a Kanye West fan you're not a fan of me, you're a fan of yourself."