The Spookiest Place to Work! | The Odyssey Online

The Spookiest Place to Work!

Halloween has hit the Magic Kingdom!

6
The Spookiest Place to Work!
Drew Heisey

I have to say that I work in the most magical place on Earth and I love my job! The first few weeks of training were a bit of a learning curve, but I feel that I have it down. I am finishing up my first week of work by myself and I have to say that it has been magical. I love interacting with guests and see how their visit is going at Walt Disney World.

The other day I worked my first Mickey's Not-So Scary Halloween Party and I had the best night of my life! I got to dress up in a spooky outfit that was decked out with bats and Halloween colors.

I have inserted a picture that I took in costume before I left to go to work. I figured those who have never been to Walt Disney World during Halloween would want to see what the outfits are like. The entire park was filled with costumed guests that were in their favorite movie or character costume that they wanted to portray. I saw many Jedi and Sith, Disney characters, Harry Potter characters and so much more. I was impressed with some of the costumes that guests made themselves.

I started working outside when the party began and the area was filled with ghoulish music that was very similar to the Haunted Mansion. As the sun was setting, the park really came to life with black lights and Cinderella's castle that looked spookier than it did a few hours ago. There are Mickey jack-o-lanterns throughout the entire park that light up when it become dark. The park is filled with numerous "treat" locations, where guests can go trick or treating and get some candy. You get treat bags to hold your candy while continuing to enjoy the offerings that Mickey's Not-So Scary has to offer like exclusive character meet and greets. All of the characters are wearing their own Halloween costumes like Mickey And Minnie and then there are others that don't need them like Jack and Sally from The Nightmare Before Christmas. There are many characters that make appearances that normally don't, like the Sanderson sisters from Hocus Pocus and Hades from Hercules.

While working, I have the ability to see the Boo to you parade. Of all of the parades I have seen at the Magic Kingdom, this was by far one of my favorites. I got glimpses here and there and loved the theming entirely. You see a lot of characters that you don't normally meet during regular park hours like the hitch hiking ghost from the Haunted Mansion. I recommend getting your tickets in advance or making a special trip to Walt Disney World just for Halloween.

It's the Spookiest time to visit!