The Plan God Has For Me

The Plan God Has For Me

What is it?

56
The Plan God Has For Me
Patheos

"11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. " Jeremiah 29:11

I've been a spiritual person my whole life. I love going to church, seeing my church friends, and serving the Lord. I love talking to people about my faith and sharing my faith with others. Throughout my life, I have gone to church and enjoyed praising Him.

After moving down to Tennessee for college, I started to look at my spiritual life a little different. My relationships with the ones I loved were struggling, and they still are, but I didn't understand why this was happening to me. I believe that God has a plan for each of us, but it is frustrating that I don't know what my plan is.

I think that is what I struggle with the most. In Sunday school as a kid, I was fascinated with how the angel Gabriel came and talked to Mary. I always hoped that I would get my sign from God. I know I’m young, but sometimes I feel like I need a little sign, something. Especially with the craziness that is happening with my college life right now, I would love to have a little sign.

Part of me feels selfish saying that. God has given me a great life. A great mother, a great father, a great sister, and great friends. I know God has a plan for me. I just know it. But I wish I knew part of that plan. That feels selfish to say. There are people who need a sign more than me. There are some people that are so far from Jesus that they need a sign more than anything else in the world. Those are the ones that God gives the signs to.

I’m not saying that God isn’t giving me signs in my life right now, but I don’t know how to tell what a sign is. Sometimes I think that one thing could be God trying to talk to me, but at the same time, I have no idea. They say “if God brings you to it, he’ll bring you through it.” I believe that. God is good. So good, and even in our hard times, he is there with us, holding our hand.

The first week of college, I listened to Oceans by Hillsong United on repeat everyday. If you haven't listened to it, I highly encourage it. Whether or not you are going through what I am, it is one of the best songs I've ever heard. Anyway, what I get out of the song is that God will guide me through what he wants to bring me through. My favorite part is the bridge. It says this:

"Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders
Let me walk upon the waters
Wherever You would call me
Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander
And my faith will be made stronger
In the presence of my Savior "

I love this part. The spirit will take me out of my comfort zone and lead me to greater things. I don't know what those greater things are. And that frustrates the living daylights out of me. Always has, always will. But I know God has a plan for me. So if things are tough right now, don't fret. It may be difficult but God is doing big things.