My Opinion On Tattoos | The Odyssey Online

My Opinion On Tattoos

You should read this before your first tattoo

5367
My Opinion On Tattoos
pintrest

Tattoos: one of the most controversial things to do to your body. Some people are for the ink and think it's awesome to make your body a piece of art. Others think that tattoos are not natural or are afraid of the commitment of a permanent tattoo. However, some people can't seem to understand the concept of a tattoo and judge those with them.

I, myself, find tattoos to be an awesome way to express who you are. As soon as I turned 18, I started looking around for tattoo ideas. Before you know it, I fell into the addiction, and I am now marked with two tattoos, and thinking of a third all before turning 19. Do I think tattoos are awesome? Yes. Do I think that everyone is willingly to mark their bodies in a painful way permanantly? No.

Tattoos are usually associated with the bad boy or girl rep because of their designs and where they are on the body. For example a lot of tattoos features skulls and dark art. Does that mean this person worships Satan? Of course not. Tattoos have deeper meanings to them that you can only know if you truly know the person. Or for some, the tattoo simply looks cool and feels good to show off on their body and they have every right to.

Now that the world is changing to be more liberal and artistic and creative than ever before. The opinion on tattoos change with this. I found it wrong how some people couldn't even get a job because a tattoo was "unprofessional". A tattoo could be a reminder of a battle fought, a scar when times were tough, a sign of creativity and freedom. How could you call an employee unprofessional for having pride in him or herself. However, with each passing day employers are seeing less and less harm with tattoos which is great for work and society.

To the question of weather or not a tattoo is rebellious? I don't think so at all. I think its more the intimidation of tattoos people have so they call them rebels. I think the word they really want to use is strong because I find that a lot of people with tattoos are the strongest and have the best stories.

P.S If you do not have a tattoo don't be offended by this article. Not everyone wants one for their own reasons weather it be commitment, pain, religion, or money and that is totally fine!