To The Friend Who Won't Return My Calls

To The Friend Who Won't Return My Calls

Hey girl, I really would like to talk...

1064
To The Friend Who Won't Return My Calls

Hey girl, it’s me.

I want you to know that I know what you did. You have truly hurt my feelings in every way possible. You have done one hell of a job trying to break me down and get under my skin. I mean it; you really did a number on me. Congratulations, you should feel accomplished. I want you to know something though, I’ve called you, I’ve texted, I’ve tried to reach out and you didn’t answer. You ran away from me, and you ignored me. You my friend are a piece of work.

Want to hear something even crazier than your hurtful shenanigans?

I’m an even bigger piece of work because I still love you anyways. You can step all over me, stab me in the back, lie to me, cheat, and at the end of the day you are still apart of my life. I saw something in you, there’s a reason why I wanted you to be my friend. I saw the true you, the sweet and caring side that would do anything for me. This sassy arrogance that has taken over is not the real you.

I want to be able to say it’s just a high school or a college phase, but the truth is I’m about to graduate and if you do grow out of this phase, by the time you do, I’m afraid it will be too late. I want you to know a few things in case you come to the realization when it’s past the point of return. The first, please don’t forget who has always answered every late night call, I was there for you every single time you needed me to be. The second, look at what you have done to our relationship and now look at your current best friend…

You may not have apologized to me, and I may have not tormented you and given you shit yet for how awfully you have treated me. I promise you though, that if you do what you did to me to another person I won’t be so adult about the situation. I won’t just let it slide. You need to take a step back and realize that you can’t use people at your disposal. We care about you, we want to be there for you and if you do this kind of pain to anyone else, I promise you will get the biggest earful from me.

I want you to know one more thing and this is the most important, I forgive you. If you come to me after reading this, things may still be mendable. You have to understand that I have reached out, I have not done anything as conniving as you but I still want to be here for you. I still want to be apart of your life. I still want to be the person you go to when times get tough, I want us to bitch about school to one another, and have late night Gossip Girl nights again to obsess over how hot Nate Archibald and Chuck Bass are.

You don’t understand how much of a toll it took on my life when you decided to exit. You were my support system and I relied on you. You have really hurt me. You still won’t answer my calls, and I’m starting to wonder if I sound like I’m writing to an old ex boyfriend but I’m not. I’m writing to someone so much more important then that. I’m writing to the girl who’s supposed to eat chocolate with me until we’re rolling on the ground sick. You’re the girl who is supposed to laugh at all my stupid stories and tell me when I wear a dress or skirt that’s too embarrassing to wear out in public. I’m talking to the girl who’s supposed to stand up in my wedding one day and help out my husband pick out my wedding ring in the far, distant, future.

So do me a favor girlfriend, slap on some lipstick, play some Beyonce, suck up your pride and pick up that phone to call me. This is past the point of me reaching out; it’s up to you. You hurt me, and I am still standing here being the bigger person, accepting you for your mistakes and ready to love you anyway with a huge pint of ice cream. So step out of that stubborn shell of yours and come home, the Blair to your Serena is waiting for you.

XOXO

Your forever friend