'The Fellowship Of The Ring' Is #SquadGoals

The "Lord of the Rings" can truly represent your group of friends, whether you like it or not.

61

Not everyone knows of or has seen "The Lord of the Rings," but it's honestly one of my favorite movie trilogies of all times. It has everything a moviegoer could want: action, romance, comedy, fantasy. Not to mention that the plot is phenomenal and has had me in its grip since my introduction to the world of Middle Earth when I was 7 years old.

However, something about LOTR has come to my attention that I haven't noticed before. The Fellowship of the Ring literally are #squadgoals. You have nine people of different races that typify the girls or guys in your own friend group. While any gender could relate to these characterizations, this article is specifically targeted at girlfriends and the roles they play in your squad. Even though the LOTR characters are male, I think they come off as feminine from time to time. From ringleader to emotional wreck, the Fellowship has it covered.

Here are the nine members of the fellowship that make up your squad:

Frodo Baggins: The overly emotional one

We all have that one friend who gets emotional too quickly or cries at the drop of a hat. Now I'm not saying this is a bad thing. A lady's got to express her feelings sometimes, and why wouldn't it be to her best friends? All I'm saying is that when Fr—I mean, your friend, comes sobbing to you every time she and her on again/off again boyfriend break up or when she blows all of her paycheck and can't afford rent this month, you tend to get a little annoyed. Oh well, you love your Frodo anyway. She is also there for you whenever you need her, so I guess she is a pretty good friend.

Gandalf: The ringleader

Your Gandalf friend is the only one who really has her shit together. She knows what the plan is, understands where everyone needs to be, notices when they've wandered off, and keeps the peace. This all being said, she also disappears at random times and only comes back once all Hell has broken loose. She then proceeds to fix everything, even sacrificing her own happiness to do it. You love her and can't function without her. She literally is the "Ring" leader.

Legolas: The one you're secretly jealous of

This chick wouldn't know a bad hair day if it hit her in her perfectly-made-up face. She's beautiful, confident, graceful, popular, basically everything you wish you were. However, she comes off as a little dull and unintelligent sometimes. Other times, she can throw perfect shade (refer to image above). But without her, you'd have no one to go shopping with for the trendiest clothes and no one to perfectly apply foundation for you.

Aragorn: The badass

This girl is so fierce that you wouldn't mess with her on her worst day. She can scrap or rule, either is cool by her. She makes sure no one messes with the squad—and if they do, they better prepare for a world of pain. On top of that, she's also super cool and can actually be pretty sensitive once you get to know her. She's the one you go to with your life problems, and whether you want advice or for her to beat someone up, she's got it.

Sam: The supportive one

No matter how bad you screw up, this girl will forgive you and receive you back with open arms. She'll literally follow you until the ends of the earth, even if she has to carry your useless self on her back for some of the way. This gal is a true blue friend, no matter what. Don't lose her because friends like this are rarer than the One Ring (and there's only one of those).

Merry and Pippin: The ones who always do the thing you tell them not to

These girls are inseparable, even in your tightly knit squad. They literally do everything together and have issues being apart. They're great friends and provide a lot of humor to the group, wanted or not. However, the disastrous duo gets into some serious trouble sometimes (not that they really care). They're constantly doing the things you tell them not to do, like setting off fireworks in the parking lots or pulling pranks on ex-boyfriends. But hey, they always make you and your other friends laugh.

Gimli: The butt of every joke

This lady takes everything with a grain of salt and thus is usually at the end of everyone's jokes. She's constantly being (innocently) teased for what she says, how she acts, etc. That doesn't mean you don't love her, though! She's tough and resilient and always up to have a good time. Plus, once she's having fun, she can out drink almost anyone!

Boromir: The one who you're not friends with anymore

Whether she moved, got a "big kid" job, or you simply parted ways, you're just not friends anymore. You reminisce about all of the good times that you had and send a text every now and again, promising to get together for drinks. But you never do. She was a good friend in her time, but kind of flaky and could get possessive every now and again. Maybe it was for the best that you went your separate ways, but that doesn't mean you don't remember the good times.

The members of the Fellowship are #squadgoals, whether you see it or not. Maybe your friends are a little bit different, but we've all had someone like these people in our lives. Now, which one are you?