The Best Of Disney | The Odyssey Online

The Best Of Disney

Best Attractions at Walt Disney World

15
The Best Of Disney

Have you ever been so passionate about something? Something that makes you so incredibly happy that you want it to be a part of your every day life? That is exactly how I feel about Disney World. This place makes me feel alive, it brings out the best in me. Part of that reason is because of their world famous attractions. Now, these are just a few of my favorite, so please feel free to let me know if I missed anything so I can try out your favorites too! Trust me there was a lot to choose from so I just went with my top 10…

1. Festival of the Lion King

I honestly don’t even know where to begin when it comes to FOLK, I personally think it is the best show on Disney property. I watch it every single time I go to the Animal Kingdom, and there is definitely no way that I could ever get bored of it. Filled with incredibly talented singers and dancers who perform your favorite songs from the Lion King I promise you there is never a dull moment. From acrobatic tumble monkeys, to a fire dancers, and just about anything that could possibly blow your mind you will forever be in awe with how fantastic of a show this is.

2/3. Nighttime Spectaculars

Okay, well this is technically three things but I’m going to count them all as one. The Nighttime Spectaculars at Disney World include Wishes at the Magic Kingdom, Illuminations at EPCOT and my personal favorite, Fantasmic at Hollywood Studios. Wishes and Illuminations are the fireworks show which are both freaking incredible. But Fantasmic will always hold a special place in my heart. It’s a show where you get to learn a little more about Mickey Mouse and just how strong his imagination is, you get to see what his dreams are like, and unfortunately his nightmares (but don’t worry he’s Mickey Mouse he can get through just about anything)!

4. Festival of Fantasy

Possibly one of the greatest parades that I have ever seen. I could watch Festival of Fantasy all day every day and see nothing wrong with the choices that I have made. It has just about all of my favorite characters in it, the music is super catchy and everything is just so beautiful. Sometimes I don’t know how Disney does it with all of the incredible detail, I’ve seen this parade hundreds of times and it still manages to take my breath away.

5. Tower Of Terror

THE. BEST. ATTRACTION. EVER. I’m still surprised that this is my favorite attraction because I am literally terrified of heights and I don’t know what I would do if I was trapped in an elevator that just dropped all of a sudden. I guess I just like the adrenaline feeling that this one gives me.

6. Test Track

I don’t think I could ever get tired of going on this ride. Not only do you get to design your DREAM car but you get to do a test ride of it too?! Freaking incredible.

7. Space Mountain

Ok, I’m not going to lie to you. This ride terrifies me beyond belief, but I love it. Don’t ever ask me to ride in the very front row though. Something about it being pitch black and not knowing which direction you’re going really terrifies me, but its so exciting all at the same time. I remember the first time I ever went on Space Mountain, I was 19 years old and I was hysterically crying the entire time, and for 15 minutes after I got off. But I went on and I did it again.

8. Haunted Mansion

Everything about this attraction is literal perfection. I love the story behind it, I love the detail it has, even as a kid I loved the movie that portrayed this ride. (Years later I watched the movie and realized how horrible it actually is). I love everything about the Haunted Mansion, and you all should too.

9. Expedition Everest

Ugh. This roller coaster might be one of the best that Disney World has ever seen. Everything about this attraction is wonderful, from its cue line to the actual track itself - even some of the best cast members that I have ever met. I don’t want to give anything away to anyone that has never been on this ride, but don’t be surprised if you come across a broken track!

10. Kilimanjaro Safari

Last, but most certainly not least. The safari is incredible. Hands down one of my favorite things to do on Disney property, I mean come on it has lions, and elephants, and giraffes, oh my! Everything about this attraction is so wonderful, and incredible, and breath taking. I can promise you that you will see something new every single time you go on it.