To The Best Friend I Lost Touch With

To The Best Friend I Lost Touch With

To my Z sister, who I will always regret losing.

25
To The Best Friend I Lost Touch With
imperfectvessel.com

Dear Best Friend,

We used to be together all the time and now we don't really see each other at all. I read all of your Facebook statuses and your tweets, but we both know that it's not the same. When we first met each other in pre-school, we were enemies. How could two five-year-old girls be enemies you ask? Honestly, I don't know but we managed to hate each other. Then somehow by fate or the force, we became best friends in third grade. Ever since that day, we were best friends.

I still remember all of the weird games we used to play like Horse Camp and "High School Musical." I always had to be Sharpay and you were Gabriella. Even though I was the brunette and you were the blonde in our friendship, it made sense. I will also never forget the first time I had to spend the night at your house. It was the night my dad fell off of the ladder and we were wearing bathing suits for some reason. Your mom came and picked us up from the hospital and there we were, sitting in bathing suits, looking like a bunch of weirdos. You luckily got to change while I, on the other hand, had to sleep in an uncomfortable swim suit. Then you gave me the smallest pillow and blanket you could find and forced me to sleep on the floor while you got to sleep in your nice queen sized bed. To think that was only the beginning.

Middle school brought even more laughs. We were the weirdest kids ever. I mean we made things up like, The Crazy 4, The Z Sisters, a ton of inside jokes like, "it's spooky ghosty time" or "1978 was the year of no Republicans." People probably thought we were the biggest freaks ever. Middle school was also the time that you got your heart broken for the first time. It was during Power of the Pen and the guy (who shall remain nameless) texted you saying he wanted to break up. I just remember being so shocked and angry. Angry enough to have a sleepover that night and just eat junk food and talk about how boys are pretty much the spawn of satan. Then came high school.

We ended up going to separate high schools and we lost touch. That is the one thing I will always regret: losing you as a friend. You were the person I trusted with my life and losing you was like losing a part of my childhood. You will always be the Gabriella to my Sharpay, the Niall to my Harry, and the best to my friend. Thank you for being with me during my ugliest days and for being a part of some of my greatest memories.

Z Sisters 4ever