The Benefits Of The Rubik's | The Odyssey Online

The Benefits Of The Rubik's

3844
The Benefits Of The Rubik's
Michelle Estevez

The Rubik’s cube has been around for decades and I recently just started the finagling process to solve the puzzle. It is one puzzle with an endless amount of ways to solve it. Depending on whether you figure it out yourself or get help from tutorials, there are many benefits in learning something new and in this case, there are many benefits in learning how to solve the Rubik’s cube!

Healthy Brain

For starters, it’s no secret that learning something new helps promote a healthy and happy brain. Each time you learn a new skill you are rewiring the parts of your brain by connecting neurons. The older we get, the easier it is to allow ourselves to fall into patterns. We know a certain route to get to a destination and more often than not we follow the same route rather than look for a new way. There is nothing wrong with that, but if you take measures to always stay on the hunt for learning, you will create a healthier future for yourself. The Rubik’s cube is the perfect example. Go grab it and pave the pathway to a healthier brain.

Conversation Starter

There aren’t too many people walking around with a Rubik’s Cube in their bags. Learning how to solve the puzzle can open a whole new circle of connections. I remember meeting a girl who knew how to solve the Rubik’s cube within 30 seconds. Im sure that there are more impressive records out there, but we can safely say that I was impressed. She pulled it out of her bag and started talking to me about how easy it can be. She explained how it is basically solved by completing different algorithms for each part that you are trying to solve. She did more than impress me. She converted me to a Rubik’s believer! Once you get the hang of it, maybe you can convert someone too.

Pride of Fulfillment

Although the Rubik’s Cube is comprised of various algorithms, there are a couple of things that are needed in addition to solving the puzzle. It definitely requires a certain amount of concentration and dedication. Whether you are figuring it out yourself or learning from a tutorial, there will still be an equal amount of trial and error. This is where the test matters. Stick to it through the trial and stick to it through the error and the rewards are amazing.

Reflects on Everyday Life

We face problems daily and work through them to get through the day successfully. Whether you are figuring out a new way to travel or deciding what to make for dinner, there is always a pattern to find the solution to any problem. The Rubik’s Cube exemplifies all of that in just one box. I can guarantee that the problems we face on a daily basis are less than what can be faced when solving the Cube. In other words, don’t sweat the small stuff.

“The Cube is an imitation of life itself - or even an improvement on life” - Erno Rubik